Intermediate Game Designer at Gameloft (Remote)
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.Job Description
We're looking for a passionate and experienced Game Designer to join our team on an exciting new creation project! On this team you’ll have the opportunity to flex your design skills and bring exciting new features and content to life, while we build the next big Gameloft Toronto title!
This position is open to intermediate design candidates.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Design new features and content for new game project.
- Work on game systems, social features, and much more.
- Design and balance characters, quests, progression, and events.
- Champion your designs from initial pitch through implementation, launch, and evolution.
- Work closely with artists, programmers, and QA to implement designs.
- Use playtests and player feedback to gain insights and refine your work.
- Analyze competitive games to be an expert in the audience and market.
- Pitch creative new game ideas for upcoming projects.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for mobile games.
- 3+ years of experience as a mobile game designer, or equivalent background.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in game design, or equivalent background.
- Expert knowledge of game design fundamentals and ability to prototype new gameplay.
- Hands on experience working with an established game engine, such as Unity.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Strong technical ability to quickly master new software tools.
- Ability to adapt and hit deadlines in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork.
- Creative imagination and ability to think outside the box.
- Understanding, experience, or knowledge of free-to-play game design fundamentals.
- Practical experience working on a game from initial pitch through launch and beyond.
- Demonstrated passion for game design shown through personal game projects.
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet tools, image editors, and flowchart software.
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 5 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Annual Healthcare and Lifestyle spending account
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV and cover letter.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.