Instructional Systems Designer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Global Learning team at FIS is a relatively new and rapidly growing organization with specialties in Leadership, Sales, Product, Culture, and Innovation. The Instructional Design group inside GL is leading the way in learning innovation through execution of blended, micro, performance support, virtual instructor, and non-traditional ways to leverage informal learning into an engaging and exciting way.
What you will be doing
You will be part of the most innovative team in the global learning organization leveraging authoring tools to their outer limits creating engaging and edgy learning solutions.
- Incorporates voice, more sophisticated interactions, incorporates video where applicable, includes knowledge checks and triggers (box pop ups). Uses authoring tools to their outer limits in creating interactive performance support application and platforms. Incorporates gamification, variables, and leverages multiple tool sets
- Conceptualizes learning flow, details learning activities, creates story boards, defines engagement activity, flow, timing, ensures content matches learning objectives, analyze audience attributes and plans out closing of skill gaps. Incorporates multiple modalities in the learning design to drive higher levels of behavior change, incorporates measurement strategy (what gets measured), introducing innovative ideas and concepts, determines current state of audience vs future state of audience performance
- Arranges / rearranges, chunks, condenses, and frames content for increased learner effectiveness. Builds and incorporates analogies and stories that audience can relate to. Develops measurement tools to check effectiveness
- Interactively works with client(s) to understand and incorporate their requests
- Develops custom Level 1 and 2 plans based off client needs and builds and incorporates Level 3 and 4 strategies and value tracking plans to feedback to client
What you bring:
A desire to create learning that takes complex concepts and converts them in a way that makes it easy for the learner to perform their role more effectively
- Willingness to try new things
- A fun and adventurous outlook
- One to 3+ years of experience
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience creating interactive learning programs
- Taught others simple ways to accomplish their work or assignments
- Executed gamification in a corporate environment
What we offer you
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.