Instructional Designer/Training Specialist at Bixal (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:07 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role can be based remotely within the United States.
What will you do?
At Bixal, our human-centered approach to learning solutions empowers people and organizations to make a positive impact in the workplace and in society. As an Instructional Designer/Training Specialist you will lead the implementation of individual and cohort-based leadership development and training programs to help our clients meet succession management, knowledge management and human capital planning objectives. You will develop program content, training plans, change management strategies, and communications. In addition, you will assist our client in managing their existing learning management solution (LMS) supporting these programs, and provide analysis and recommendations for more effective and less costly alternate solutions.
- Apply instructional design principles and models to the design, creation and implementation of individual and cohort-based leadership development, workforce succession management and apprenticeship programs.
- Produce program content, including training and development plans for individuals and teams.
- Develop change communication plans and training strategies.
- Prepare and conduct executive and stakeholder briefings and communications, including presentations, reports, updates and email announcements.
- Apply human-centered design methods and design thinking to gather and document functional requirements for product features, translating customer and program needs into well-defined user stories for the development team.
- Assess the fit-gap between the client’s existing technology solution, program requirements and customer needs; research and analyze alternate solutions to support workforce development activities, including training and participation tracking.
- Make recommendations for solution alternatives guiding the selection, configuration and implementation of LMS solutions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 or more years of experience in leading the design of learning and development solutions, developing and delivering leadership developing and delivering leadership and workforce development programs.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Understanding of human-centered design methods and design thinking applied to training and development programs.
- Ability to create engaging learning content using various media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and storytelling skills.
- Proficient in LMS and instructional technologies and their applications to delivering workforce development programs.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous work with federal government agencies or initiatives.
- Experience developing and managing cohort-based programs.
- Experience in applying human-centered design and design thinking approaches
- Change management experience or certification (e.g., Prosci or CCMP)
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
More Information on Bixal
Bixal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC. Bixal was founded in 2001. It has 162 total employees. To see all 15 open jobs at Bixal, click here.
Read Full Job Description