Instructional Designer at Cisco Meraki (Remote)
Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki BU Learning & Development Team is looking for a passionate, experienced instructional designer with a track record of success and a portfolio to prove it. This position will consult with managers, peers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other stakeholders to design creative, engaging learning solutions to support a variety of different delivery modes. The ideal candidate has a great attitude, isn’t afraid of change or ambiguity, and is experienced in self-paced Web-Based Training (WBT) solutions as well as Instructor-Led Training (ILT) delivered in a classroom setting.Responsibilities
- Understand the needs of the business and role(s) of the identified target audience in order to assess learning needs and design a course.
- Communicate with, and interview, SMEs and other Merakians in order to build rapport, establish trust, determine learning needs, and gather information used in curricular development.
- Perform task and needs analysis and develop learning objectives tied to desired outcomes.
- Create learning solution proposals, storyboards, mockups, and other pre-production material for stakeholder review and approval.
- Develop advanced curricular material for delivery via WBT or ILT, along with all requisite deliverables such as package files, presentations, job aides, videos, graphics, and participant/facilitator guides.
- Participate in determining a course evaluation strategy and develop the requisite knowledge and/or skill assessments.
- Analyze learning material produced by SMEs and others following a rapid development model and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform maintenance of existing courses to ensure that they are accurate and in-line with the latest course offerings.
- Analyze reports and other metrics to determine opportunities for course enhancement.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies, tools, techniques, and methodologies in the learning and development area and make recommendations for future consideration.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline (or a comparable content authoring tool for eLearning development) producing content for a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Understanding of adult learning theory and associated principles.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- A degree in education, instructional design, training and development, or similar program.
- Experience developing learning content for a technical audience.
- Experience with virtual learning, blended learning, and micro-learning.
- Experience with the Absorb LMS.
- Experience producing, shooting, and editing videos for using in training programs.
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.