Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of Hims and Hers Customer Experience (CX) training and content. This includes design for the entire learning experience, including orientation, agent new hire training, leadership development, leadership training, product training, and more. Using instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles, this role leads the development of eLearning, virtual workshops, curation of content, and blended learning solutions to support employees in developing core competencies, improve performance, and grow as individuals and leaders.
Success in this role requires a blend of critical thinking, curiosity, and creative skills. The ideal candidate is someone with experience and a passion for designing learning solutions that impact employees.
- Design, develop and implement quality learning solutions that are on a budget, on time, and on target to meet key objectives
- Review and analyze training programs; evaluate learning outcomes and implement improvements that enhance delivery and increase participant engagement
- Using instructional design experience and judgment, convert existing training materials into performance-based training tools/manuals.
- Lead the development of instructor-led and e-Learning content, course materials, assessments, and evaluations; partner with subject matter experts to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Manage projects to further learning that include orientation, skill-building, leadership training and development; effectively engage stakeholders and collaborate cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes
- Organize content in a logical way, breaking down complex concepts so they are easy to understand; draft scripting that is clear and compelling
- Assist in translating training content into effective reference material in the CX knowledge base
- Utilize visual design principles to create and build attractive and engaging content, layouts, and interactions that support and enhance the learning experience.
- Provide guidance on instructional design; support and mentor individuals who engage with the design and delivery process
- Contribute to the design and implementation of structured learning paths for key positions/ departments
- Maintain broad influence through the ongoing development of relationships across the organization
- Build relationships with internal and external partners to ensure a spirit of inclusion, diversity of ideas, and wide program acceptance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and make recommendations to maintain, enhance, and modify programs to support business
- Facilitate training sessions (Train the Trainer) as needed, including end-user testing and pilot workshops to evaluate content and flow effectiveness
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theory
- Proven ability to develop training using adult learning, active learning, and rapid instructional design principles.
- Proficiency in e-Learning authoring tool (Articulate 360, Camtasia) Learning Management system, Knowledge Management tool and other tools used in creation and maintenance of training resources.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in small and large group environments
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
- Writing and management of Knowledge Management articles as they relate to training
- Working knowledge of key leadership principles
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, or other related fields; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years designing and building in-person/virtual workshops, e-learning/modules, videos, simulations, games, etc. with emphasis on engagement and long term retention
- 2+ years Managing Instructional Design Projects
- 2+ years working with Knowledge Management and LMS tools.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.