Instructional Designer, Digital Sales at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Instructional Designer in Digital Sales will design, develop, and implement sales-related programs, curriculums, and courseware spanning across topics that include but are not limited to - manager development, sales skill training, and new hire onboarding. This includes conducting needs assessments to identify strategically aligned learning and development initiatives and designing and developing training courseware in a variety of delivery modes (e.g., instructor-led, in-person or virtual training, self-paced training, eLearning, micro learning, videos, infographics, supporting guides, etc.). The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles, as well as a passion for visual and graphic design. They will be strong multi-taskers with the ability to deliver meaningful and engaging training on time in a fast-paced environment. Experience working with subject matter experts and writing scripts and drafting storyboard is an absolute requirement.
What you get to do:
- Design and develop sales enablement for ServiceNow's Digital Sales organization for the new hire, sales manager, and role excellence programs that align to strategic sales initiatives across regions; enablement includes eLearnings, virtual trainings, screencasts, various guides, videos, etc.
- Use technical design, development, and creative skills to create engaging online content and engage course participants
- Manage the end-to-end design and development of learning programs from concept through implementation and quality assurance
- Collaborate across enablement and departmental teams to develop impactful learning content
- Use a variety of applications to build eLearning courses and instructor-led resources
- Address changes and feedback to courses in a timely manner
- Work with stakeholders, Role Excellence, and Regional Enablement leaders to continually assess and understand skills and enablement needs, define options, and translate them into actionable and measurable learning objectives and goals
- Leverage strong understanding of technology and ServiceNow value proposition in program creation
- Minimum 2 years of experience in instructional design and curriculum design and development
- Experience successfully interfacing with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and peers to meet business needs across multiple cross- functional teams
- Training and experience in applying instructional design practices and methodologies to support training and enablement content development
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, course development methodologies, Bloom's Taxonomy, and Kirkpatrick's training evaluation levels
- High degree of initiative, strong collaboration skills, and the abilities to communicate ideas and design decisions and receive feedback from partners
- Solid foundation in graphic design and typography with light skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required; Instructional Design degree or Training Development certificate is a plus
- Strong skills with eLearning authoring software (Articulate 360 - both Storyline and Rise) and recording/editing audio and video is a plus (Camtasia, AfterEffects, Premiere, etc.).
- Participation in recognized training industry organizations (i. e. Association for Talent Development) strongly preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.