Industrial Designer, Packaging at Verkada Inc
- Contribute to the visual and physical language of our brand through the design of our packaging.
- Utilize user-centric thinking and strong aesthetic sensibility to align our brand to customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with design, engineering, manufacturing, operations and marketing on complex technical programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute concepts and problem solving across multiple projects.
- Collaborate in establishing core concepts and design specifications from initial research to ideation all the way to production.
- Translate ideas and sketches into structural prototypes, 3D renderings and packaging dielines.
- Deliver packaging design concepts with a high level of sensitivity to form and function, attention to detail and conceptual clarity.
- Conceive elegant, effective ways to address manufacturable & structural packaging challenges.
- Effectively present your design concepts and strategy to peers and key stakeholders.
- Develop quick start guide layouts, content & technical drawings.
- Research and present new package materials, techniques or user insights.
- Drive and influence the development of Verkada packaging sustainability initiatives.
- Design for multiple sizes and SKUs, and implement systems for packaging across a broad range of products, with varying materials, weights, shapes and sizes.
- Work with international vendors and manufacturing partners to define, specify and confirm CMF as designs move into production.
- Maintain or advance packaging quality standards by reviewing production samples and test results.
- A website or digital portfolio is required for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Engineering, Packaging Design or related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer or enterprise electronic product packaging solutions.
- Experience with camera products is preferred.
- Experience exploring and refining ideas through physical and digital prototyping.
- Experience working frequently in 2D and 3D structural packaging design tools such as ArtiosCAD, Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot, C4D, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Experience solving problems in a collaborative team environment.
- A strong understanding of manufacturing methods, processes, and ecological impact of various substrates such as corrugated structures, molded fibers, PCR plastics, and printing techniques.
- A proven track record of designing challenging and innovative consumer packaging solutions across different materials, sizes and forms.
- Agency and/or startup experience a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.