Head of Product Design at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:
We’re seeking a Senior Manager or Director of Product Design to head our product design function. You will champion customer needs and balance them with business objectives, innovation initiatives, and platform thinking. You will be responsible for growing, coaching, and managing a team of talented product designers. You’ll sit on the product and design leadership teams and be responsible for communicating the priorities of the product design team, defining goals and ensuring alignment to help establish a shared vision across the company. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional technology and operations team to identify and understand customer problems and translate them into impactful solutions across our ecosystem of fleet management products. You will drive product innovation for customers across multiple verticals and market segments for a variety of solution areas including safety, compliance, real-time tracking, dispatch, maintenance, fuel, freight, growth, and platform.What You'll Do:
- Shape strategy and direction for the product design team
- Hire, grow, coach, and manage a team of talented product designers
- Connect-the-dots across disparate product areas to uncover patterns and opportunities
- Think in terms of broad platform and systems strategy rather than siloed features
- Establish a high bar for design quality across the company that aligns with our brand
- Understand customer and business problems through research and data
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through execution and beyond
- Build alignment and articulate vision through strong storytelling and presentations skills
- Become a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Evangelize best practices, design thinking, and cross-functional collaboration
- 8+ years of experience in Product, UX, Interaction and Interface design
- Experience leading complex web and mobile projects with a cross-functional team
- Track record of managing and growing high performing teams
- A design portfolio that showcases proficient design skills, product thinking, and problem-solving
- Familiarity with creating and evolving design systems and frameworks
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to be comfortable with, and navigate an industry undergoing disruption
- Background building complex B2B or SAAS platforms preferred
- Unbounded curiosity and sense of adventure
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.