Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you are a leader who is passionate about defining the future of teamwork and collaboration? Atlassian’s products are loved and used by millions of teams worldwide to drive innovation - be it electric cars, spaceships or robotic surgeries! Atlassian fuels the world’s best software, IT and business teams to help them deliver results with world-class products.
We are looking for a Head of Experience Design to drive design strategy for one of Atlassian’s flagship products while leading a team of design managers, product designers, and content designers to craft an outstanding content creation and consumption experience.
You will partner on an ongoing basis with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, Research & Insights, and Program Management to execute the team’s vision. You will also partner with the platform team to build a flawless end to end journey and deliver engaging experiences for every team. This will include our invaluable Atlassian Marketplace Partners and Atlassian ecosystem, analyzing market trends and business opportunities, to build a compelling product vision.
As a senior design leader, you will set the vision for the entire product experience and seek to bring strong customer centricity, ensuring our solutions scale, innovate, and delight. You will also be responsible for the craft quality of the shipped experiences and growing the level of design craft on the team.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Work within an R&D and product leadership team to shape the ways customers experience Confluence
- Drive the customer experience strategies to impact the Atlassian product suite
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentorship, direction, leadership, and support vital to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team of experience design managers and their reports.
- Bring your experience of customer-centric experience design thinking and practices to our teams
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped experiences with your team
To be successful here, you:
- Bring previous experience of having led customer experience strategy with teams at scale
- Embrace the technical nature of crafting scaled customer experiences, not shying away from sophisticated details where they matter
- Have a passion for developing others, you'll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion
- Have a track record of planning and then driving business unit direction autonomously as a manager, and manager of managers
- Show phenomenal facilitation skills and collaborating with other functions, like Engineering, Product Management, Finance, and Customer Success teams
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership
- Are passionate about the craft of customer experience and bring a breadth of skills to Atlassian
- Have the empathy to step into the customer's shoes to ensure customer centricity
We'd love for you to:
- Have a deep understanding of the powers and unique challenges of working with a platform centered company
- Have an understanding of the need to strike a balance of shipping to learn and high quality bar.
- Have experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level
- Have proven experience developing and maintaining healthy, productive teams
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.