Head of Design at ActionIQ
ActionIQ is building the next-generation data infrastructure for the CMO. As Marketing becomes more data-driven, and CMOs more sophisticated, a new market for data-first Marketing Applications is inevitable and requires a complete rethink of the traditional Marketing tech stack. ActionIQ is a pioneer in this emerging space pursuing a multi-billion dollar opportunity.
Description of Role:
At ActionIQ, we are looking for a Head of Design to join our team and build out a world-class product and visual design team.
The Design team at ActionIQ plays a critical role in the success of our customers and the growth of our business. On a day to day basis, we work cross functionally with internal and external teams to ensure our design is central to our culture, and high-quality design is realized across different mediums including our product and applications, marketing assets, and ActionIQ’s overall visual brand and identity. As the leader of the Design team, you will bring a vision for the team and a passion for creating a culture of design across the company.
One year from now you will have:
- Managed and mentored existing design team members.
- Established a clear vision and strategy for the Design team.
- Continued to hire and grow the Design teams by hiring visual and product designers based on the needs of the business.
- Collaborated with product managers and engineering on new product development as a product designer in support of the Product Design team.
- Lead, inspire, and develop current design team members in their career at ActionIQ.
- Manage day to day activities, including project execution and planning, of the product design and visual design teams.
- Collaborate with marketing on planning and budgeting of external design agency resources.
- Allocate team resources to projects to be able to effectively deliver against product and visual design roadmaps.
- Hire and onboard new team members based on the needs of the business.
- Establish clear guidelines for quality design and ensure all product and content created meets or exceeds these guidelines.
- Share and evangelize the work of the design team across the organization to help create a culture of design.
- Partner with product managers to define processes for user research.
- Bachelor's degree: preferably in Visual Design or Fine Arts
- 5+ years as a manager of high performing design teams.
- 5+ years as a senior product designer at a SaaS technology company.
- Experience in enterprise software a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across a range of teams, including product, engineering, and marketing.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high impact designs.
- Possess a strong understanding of data and creative testing frameworks.
- Demonstrated willingness to continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital).
- Top notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out this blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.