Emerge is reinventing freight procurement. Transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, Emerge empowers meaningful logistics relationships through its award-winning Freight Procurement Platform.
Built by freight professionals for freight professionals, Emerge is evolving the procurement process by offering solutions that enable shippers and carriers to make more empowered, strategic decisions that are backed by real-time connectivity and AI-driven decision making.
Founded in 2017, and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Emerge is one of the fastest-growing technology startups in the U.S and we are recognized as one of the best startup employers in the US by Forbes in 2021 & 2022!
This role can sit 100% remote anywhere in the US.
About Product Design
Product Design is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class UI/UX to help solve business problems in collaboration with stakeholders in Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, our Customers, and more. Our mission is to create delightful product experiences that help guide our users to make more informed, positive business decisions from quote creation to shipment delivery.
The Product Design team is the creative force behind our applications including setting visual style, identity, voice, tone, personality, and more.
About The Role
As a Group Product Designer, you will lead a Product Design team. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding our software platform, customers, stakeholders, and obstacles. You will be responsible for finding, training, and cultivating the most talented Product Design team in the world. This will include leading the charge in building a world-class “Design stack”, mentoring and managing a team of talented Product Designers, solving highly complex problems for our customers, and working across multiple departments to foster collaborative relationships.
You will be responsible for the creation of elegant and strategic products and services, coordination and delegation of work, and stewardship of our Design System. Success in this role is defined by team sentiment as well as the quality of the user experience including the impact, consistency, ease of use, and beauty of the final product.
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of Product Designers while creating and evolving the ideal organizational design.
- Establish a vision and strategy for the entire Product Design team, as well as develop metrics and goals to measure success.
- Develop relationships and build alignment across Product teams, cross-functional partners (Marketing, Operations, etc.), and Executive Leadership.
- Implement best-in-class Product Design practices.
- Oversee multiple streams of work from insight and to strategy to launch.
- Inspire and direct their team to help them build towards a meaningful vision efficiently.
- Responsible for advancing craft on their team. Ensures consistency across a variety of products and platforms in the end-to-end user experience.
- Defines and evangelizes Emerge’s Design System throughout the organization.
- Communicate concisely within the team and with leadership to influence outcomes, distribute information, and ultimately be a subject matter expert on our platform.
What We Expect
- 9+ years of Product Design experience, preferable in designing end-to-end B2B product software.
- 3+ years of experience leading a Product Design team, with a proven track record of success, driving material outcomes across teams in complex software and product environments.
- A high degree of comfort working on products both large in scope and complexity.
- Approach problems from an analytical perspective, and instill the need for metrics to drive decisions throughout the Product Design team.
- Proficiency in Figma & FigJam.
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for products.
- Competitive salary and Employee Options
- Unlimited PTO after 1 year
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Buy any book policy
- Weekly team lunches
- Macbook Pro: new laptop for a new job