Graphic Designer Manager at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA)
THE ROLE: Graphic Design Manager
We’re looking for…
A talented hands-on Graphic Design leader with a fantastic portfolio of digital consumer-focused work and the experience (and desire) to lead an amazing team of designers. You have an impeccable taste level (possibly coming from your background in fashion or luxury brands), mastery of typography, layout, color, and image-use. You understand what motivates Creative teams and you’re excited to apply your ideas towards building a great consumer-facing brand.
- Serve as a positive, solution-focused model of creative and collaborative excellence; Provide design feedback, professional mentorship, and overall guidance to your talented team of designers.
- Create design systems, produce assets, provide feedback and direction, plan creative tests, and evolve each of those areas quickly as you gain more knowledge of performance-driving factors and customer expectations
- Think big. We do a lot but we can always do more. You should be ready to propose big ideas: the great project we haven’t started, the new twist on an already strong idea, and the biggest version of the things we’re already doing well.
- Know digital, know ecommerce: not just how, but why. We’re a digital-first team, so come armed with the technical skills to do the work well—but more importantly, bring the ideas and passion for producing work that will attract the next-generation of shoppers to our brands.
- Keep learning and teaching. You’ll be working on a quickly-moving team that’s focused on leading and innovating in a fast-paced industry. It’s critical to keep yourself up to date on what’s happening out in the market, on social, in fashion, and within the design world—especially where they all overlap! Always learn more and share what you know.
- Brainstorm, develop, maintain and innovate the design direction, standards, templates and visual content of our brands.
- Be organized: Develop and maintain requirements, documentation and processes for all Digital projects.
- Ignore barriers: Work collaboratively and constructively to succeed on each project with all of our partners and associates including Art Directors, Merchants and Buyers, UX Designers, Project Managers, Copywriters, etc.
- Work smart, fast: Develop designs in a very fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Improve yourself, improve others: Receive and give constructive feedback on each project
This position requires:
- Design chops and a strong portfolio - we're looking for someone with a passion for, and mastery of, design in the digital and social space, a love of typography, color, an eye for fashion and product photography
- Great understanding of current design tools (especially the Adobe CC suite), trends, and digital marketing best practices
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to build a team by leading and mentoring other Designers
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), and at least a basic understanding of CSS/HTML. Experience with motion design, prototyping and wireframing, and even coding is valuable.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group. Ecom, luxury, and fashion category experience is great, print experience is a bonus.
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing, social media and ecommerce
- BFA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography
We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration.
Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other