Freelance Senior Strategist, User Experience at Instrument (Remote)
As a freelance Senior/Lead UX Strategist at Instrument, you’ll be a key contributor in defining the future of digital products and services. You’re a natural problem-solver with a passion for making the complex simple. You’re a great systems thinker, love to dive into the details, and have a strong intuition for what makes a product great. You uncover insights and opportunities everywhere and consistently add value, context and momentum to the work that we do. You are curious, love to learn, and have a passion for communicating with clarity and intention. But above all, you must value and enjoy working within a highly collaborative team. You believe in doing great work and being great to work with. Our project teams are small and you’ll be creating and pushing yourself each day.
In this particular project, you will aggregate and visualize data from various internal tools to support reporting and communication efforts across the organization. You will support discovery/insight synthesis to help determine the best data to serve up.
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years experience creating experience maps, wireframes, personas, user flows, requirements documentation, and other deliverables commonly needed in UX-focused projects
- Experience working with creative and technical partners having been a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with user research and testing methodologies—has designed user testing sessions for one or more projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills—can be relied on to articulate complex ideas to designers, developers, clients, and to users through the work itself
- Strong knowledge of modern design tools, workflows, and methods of prototyping. In our team, these include Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- You’re insatiably curious and love to learn about people, technology, cultures, and industries — you bring this curiosity into your work as you constantly seek out fresh ideas
- Detail-oriented, natural-born problem solver, and not afraid to get deep into the details
- Strong sense of ethics, and responsibility in understanding the way the work we do influences the world around us
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
What we offer
- Great compensation package with annual reviews
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401K matching with immediate vesting
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
- Regular check-ins and an "Always On" approach to feedback and goal setting
- Annual individual professional development budget
- A positive, balanced work-life
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application and interview experience. If you need accommodation or help due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]