Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking an Experience Design Manager to lead the team working in the Enterprise Agility problem space. They’ll play an instrumental role in up-levelling their team by providing support and mentorship in constructive ways that encourage, energises, and increases the quality of work. We are looking for an individual who will embrace a collaborative approach to helping their team build confidence, solve problems, and move work forward embedded within cross-functional teams of engineers and product managers. This person should be able to oversee the development of design strategy; review and hone a vision for the customer experience, and manage a team to meet critical experience objectives.
This role is responsible for helping customers with large teams of teams be as agile as individual teams can be. They help teams work across org chart boundaries, collaborate on plans for big picture initiatives and stay aligned on goals and objectives, making sure everyone is building what matters.
This team creates the tooling backbone for customers going through large scale digital transformations, as well as companies that started small and nimble, and are now struggling to keep that agility as they grow. A strong candidate for this role will therefore have experience with both B2B and Enterprise models of product development, and experience working across the organisation to solve problems beyond the remit of any single team.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be a strategic partner of leadership teams, working closely with your peers in Engineering and Product to define the team strategy and roadmap.
- Have an understanding of product metrics and translate goals to the experience design team.
- Lead the overall product design vision that enhances our business goals and share that strategy through storytelling with great presentation skills.
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped design work with your team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design of our products.
- Be a dedicated innovator. With a pulse on the trends in product design, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your teams.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of experienced designers. You'll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion.
Ideally, we’d hope you would:
- Have 10+ years of professional design experience, including 4+ years managing a design team.
- Show examples of having led cross-craft projects that delivered measurable improvement to users.
- Have experience working on enterprise software applications.
- Have a passion for driving teams towards amazing solutions that balance customer/business needs.
- Have experience leading product or content designers across multiple/concurrent streams of work.
- Recognise content to be a powerful and essential part of a customer’s end-to-end journey.
Designers at Atlassian:
- Make a substantial impact at scale. Many successful organizations rely on Atlassian products to do their work. As a designer involved in everything from ground floor product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible customer impact.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product management squad, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience of an exciting and critical area of our product suite.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Researchers, Marketing Experts, and Analysts to champion the user experience in our products and ship high-quality work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company. We want to make our customers love how easily our products help them.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.