Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are-bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to set the creative direction for a brand that was founded to break the cycle of inequality in healthcare, by meeting the health and social needs of vulnerable populations.
We are looking for an accomplished Creative Director, who will lead the creative team, so we can seamlessly shape and define the Cityblock brand to our members, communities, payers, employees, and talent. This individual will influence our overall brand positioning, and will be accountable for creatively activating our message, tone and vision to every crevice of the brand and organization.
We are looking for a hands-on, member-focused CD who is skilled at helming creative campaigns that are compelling, cohesive, and that break through the clutter. This person should be a combination of creative doer, conceptual powerhouse, and a team leader. We're looking for someone with strong strategic knowledge, who can make intentional choices, and is excited to tackle new challenges every day. The ideal candidate is able to convert insights into successful creative work that wants to challenge the status quo, and has a ruthlessly high bar for creative output.
You must be able to seamlessly toggle between doing it yourself, and creatively directing others. You understand localization needs and brand guidelines, and have a passion for clearly and unabashedly owning and expressing our brand voice.
Specific responsibilities and expectations include:
- Oversee the design, creative direction, and execution of the Cityblock brand creative strategy across all touchpoints internally and externally
- Bring to life a new brand positioning through powerful, distinctive, and relevant creative executions across mediums and for various audiences, including consumers/members, B2B partners or customers, employees, talent and key stakeholders
- Be a big leader in the company, building strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders at the most senior levels of the company (CEO, CHO, CPO) down to front line employees and across audiences (member, talent, employee, payer, etc). Demonstrating an ability to understand their needs, hold each other accountable, align priorities, while inspiring and influencing how the brand is expressed
- Develop campaigns and assets that bring creativity in how we engage our members outside of mass marketing; through text, social media, Influencers, community and neighborhood presence and even knocking on doors.
- Have accountability for the effectiveness and optimization of these creative assets over time as we scale the brand
- Define and establish ownership of the Cityblock voice, develop brand guidelines and creative assets, while ensuring the brand is consistently executed in every space, internally and externally
- Lead, inspire, enable, and develop the creative team, including designers, copywriters, project managers, freelancers and agency partners. Grow and develop talent on the team and attract top talent as we grow.
- Be a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team, partnering with the Marketing Director and Head of Engagement on strategic team direction and decisions
- Review, critique, and guide work generated by the team and creative agency partners
- Provide thought-leadership in establishing, implementing, and improving direction, goals, and process for the team with a 12-18 months vision
- Deeply understand member (and surrounding community) insights and path to engagement to inspire and build creative that resonates, to build the brand over time, and member conversion overnight.
- Understand how creative is meeting objectives and key results, and must have accountability and drive to continuously improve, as we grow and develop this brand
- Must be able to boldly inspire the Marketing Team and broader Cityfolx with creativity that stretches outside of our comfort zone, while sparking imagination and ideas for how to build this brand, and meet its full potential.
This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer of Cityblock Health and work closely with the CEO and key ELT members, Marketing Director, Strategy and Integrated Communications , Growth Marketing Leader, Engagement Team, Behavioral Insights team, Growth team, Talent Team, and HR.
Requirements for the Role:
- BA required and 10-12 years experience leading creative work, overseeing creative teams and/or agencies, and working with Marketing, Creative Agencies and Production companies
- Ability to bring to life new brand positioning through powerful, distinctive and relevant creative executions across mediums and for various audiences, including consumers/members, B2B partners or customers, employees, talent and key stakeholders
- Experience across the full palette of brand expression: print, OOH, events and experiential, digital, SMS, social media, film, and motion; and across a range of audiences: consumer/member, business to business partners, internal and talent brand
- Experience with developing and optimizing systems, tools, processes, and workflows for creative teams and aligning teams to a strategic vision
- Ability to present and sell concepts and creative strategy across all levels of leadership and create synergies with diverse stakeholder teams to drive results
- Consumer/member obsessed approach where member insights drive strategy, decisions and execution
- Highly accountable leader who is energized by solving big business challenges through brilliant creative
- Ability to expertly manage multiple projects and large volumes for a number of in-house clients
- Proactive self-starter and team player who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Must have attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
How We Define Success:
- We have a clear brand ethos for Cityblock, which reflects the expansiveness of our mission and our category-defining model of care, instrumented with concrete tools and processes that ensure consistency, quality and singularity of voice flows throughout the organization
- Increase in brand awareness and sentiment among members and their surrounding communities
- Stronger conversion and engagement rates, especially among high priority member segments
- Your team is thriving and high-performing, measured by scores on our bi-annual employee engagement survey
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (can be included on your resume)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.