Executive Creative Director at Braze (Austin, TX or Remote)
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Braze is looking for an Executive Creative Director to help define the future of the Braze brand. You will be responsible for driving the creative vision and thought leadership that will inspire our key audiences, help accelerate business goals and establish the brand as the go-to for customer engagement. You'll be an integral part of the marketing team, reporting to the CMO and will work with various stakeholders across the organization to define all brand experiences. You'll also be responsible for guiding individuals — helping them build their skills and grow in their careers. If you’re an exceptional communicator and have a passion for creativity and marketing, we’d love to have you join the growing marketing team at Braze.
- Create brand identity and vision that establishes Braze as the go-to for customer engagement
- Lead a creative team focused on building the Braze brand that continues to inspire the most creative audiences (maketers) and technical influencers and users alike
- Translate brand creativity and goals into one of the biggest levers for growth
- Work across various teams at Braze to create inspiring, holistic and consistent experiences and a strong brand expression including communities, global events and web experiences
- Lead brand initiatives in an effort to generate awareness and demand that will impact the company’s bottom line
- Lead the creative, brand and copywriting teams and deliver content and experiences that are simple, relevant, inspiring and beautiful
- Be a player and a coach - roll up your sleeves and work on brand identity and also help designers on the team grow
- Work hand-in-hand with internal communication, events and channel marketers to ensure brand consistency and identity across all audiences
- 10+ years of experience as a brand executive and operator who pushes for design excellence and a high degree of creativity
- Experience coordinating, directing and guiding the work of designers on your team
- A thoughtful approach with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to build consensus around, and incorporate feedback
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prefer understanding of evolving mobile marketing automation landscape, cross-industry brand knowledge
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.