Environment Level Artist at CD PROJEKT RED (Remote)
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.Job Description
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented artist to join our Environment Art team in Warsaw to work on AAA games. As an Environment Level Artist you will be in charge of creating breathtaking worlds for upcoming projects that millions of players will dive into. Sounds interesting? Send us your cv and portfolio!
- Creating locations to provide the best player experience.
- Supporting attractive environment storytelling with interesting set dressing.
- Cooperating with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain artistic consistency and vision for the game while building stellar levels and scenes.
- Creating textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Cooperating with tech art team, setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality.
- Defining immersive lighting & environmental effects for your location.
- Cooperating effectively with Level Designers, Quest and Story Team in creating unforgettable locations.
- Building locations that meet the technical limitations set out by Tech Art team.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- At least 2 years of experience in the video game industry.
- Proficiency in leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, Blender etc.)
- Great sense of scale, proportions and composition.
- Knowledge of colour theory and basic lighting techniques.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Creativity, an excellent eye for details and on what makes locations interesting.
- Strong understanding of how environment design affects gameplay.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Passion for games!
Nice to Have
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Basic knowledge about Level Design.
- Basic knowledge about photogrammetry in games.
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance package, Houdini, World Machine, Zbrush).
- Strong skill in creating high quality 3d models.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.