Director, UX Research at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are looking for a passionate individual to direct the user research activities for a portfolio of customer solutions. The individual will own the UX insights strategy partnering with Product Management for their portfolio. As a Director you will grow and mentor a team that is responsible for executing on user research which includes it's; planning, execution, analysis of research to understand customer context and needs and translate findings into artifacts such as personas, journeys, tasks analyses, etc., and communicate their findings in business consumable ways.
What you get to do in this role:
- Grow and mentor a team of researchers and supporting research roles, ensuring quality and consistency of delivery for the team
- Partner closely with Business Unit and Product Management Leadership to influence the portfolio strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings from your team
- Guide researchers on the design and execution of generative, formative, and summative research to support product design and development (including but not limited to ethnography, interviews, surveys, concept testing, and usability studies)
- Review and provide feedback on research project plans and research deliverables
- Coordinate with the Head of Research and Insights and peer Research Leaders to set Research team priorities
- Partner with Research Operations in resource planning, research budget, hiring process and pipeline, research vendor management, process standardization, and tool selection and usage
- Forecast resource needs and grow the team to provide necessary capabilities and expertise
- Should be comfortable with architectural definition such as user profiles, workflows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of keeping a broader perspective of how your team's research can influence the broader ServiceNow product strategy
- Expect to travel up to 20% of the year
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Preferred advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related degrees
- At least 15 years or equivalent combination of education and experience successfully applying user research methods to the design of great products
- Experience growing and managing a team of researches of varying levels
- Experience planning, developing and conducting User Research and Testing
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce, PeopleSoft) and various mobile, desktop, and emerging UI platforms (voice, AI, etc.)
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand
- Knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to make research impactful to the business
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.