Director of UX and Content Strategy - Durham, NC (On-Site, Remote, or Hybrid) at Viget (Raleigh, NC)
| Raleigh-Durham, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:03 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
Our UX Strategists and Content Strategists help clients research, plan, and launch complex digital experiences and compelling websites. They are trailblazers on our projects, digging into the challenges facing our clients and then collaboratively developing strategies to address those challenges. Successful strategists aren’t afraid to dive into the details of navigation, content, and design to make sure the sites and experiences we’re creating will address client goals and user needs.
The Director of UX & Content Strategy manages the UX team at Viget and shapes our approach to delivering UX and content strategy work to clients. You will work closely with the VP of Design and other team leaders across Research, Design, and Brand so that our work and teams align with each other. Similarly, you will collaborate with our Project Management and Engineering leaders to ensure the smooth execution of projects.
This role is ideal for someone who is ready to take on the challenges of leadership and positive people management while still executing as a hands-on practitioner of major web projects. You’re excited about finding this balance in a culture that’s supported it successfully for more than two decades.
At Viget you will work alongside industry-leading brand strategists, visual and product designers, researchers, project managers, and developers. Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety — from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and HRC to emerging startups like Standard Cognition.
When we can, we also share our methods and opinions about UX and design.
As a Manager, you will:
- Manage a team of 2-6 UX Strategists and Content Strategists.
- Provide regular 1:1 support to your direct reports, mentoring them in their UX and consulting skill development, as well as providing coaching when project challenges arise.
- Facilitate the annual performance review process for your direct reports, helping to create a meaningful career path for them.
As a practice leader, you will:
- Be responsible for defining, documenting, and championing our approach to UX and Content Strategy.
- Lead team meetings and annual team offsites.
- Collaborate with the business development team to evaluate, scope, and develop proposals for new work with clients.
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the UX team.
- Influence, champion, and assist with internal initiatives and company events.
As a practitioner, you will:
- Contribute to client work. You may be asked to step up and lead a project or step back and provide support for a team that needs expert guidance. This helps our managers’ skills remain sharp while they support and shape the career paths of others.
- Never tire of using creative user research methods to gather critical insights about what users really need and identify strategic opportunities for our clients.
- Lead teams in understanding complex systems and communicating those systems in ways that drive a better understanding of opportunities.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
A successful candidate will:
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us.
- Have around 8+ years of experience in UX and content strategy with a track record of team leadership and mentorship, or prior management experience.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new tools and technologies).
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Participates in our commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company.
Compensation and benefits:
- Annual base salary of $110,000 to $140,000 per year depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using the application form. One of our recruiters will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]
More Information on Viget
Viget operates in the Marketing Tech industry. The company is located in Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, Chattanooga, TN and Boulder, CO. Viget was founded in 1999. It has 70 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 40 open jobs at Viget, click here.
Read Full Job Description