Director, User Research at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Director of User Research to build a brand new practice within our product organization. You’ll help paint a full picture of our customers through strong partnerships with data science, product marketing, and customer support. You’ll own research strategy and related activities, guiding our products to overlap with user needs per segment, helping develop solutions that will be used by thousands of businesses to impact millions of end-users around the world.
What you'll work on:
- Developing an understanding of our customers, their journeys, and their needs in the rapidly changing crypto and blockchain problem space
- Building our user research practice; designing your team’s structure and requisite hiring per your plans
- Collaborating across many teams at Circle to marry quantitative data with qualitative data, providing a vision for how our users think of their needs
- Crafting a user empathy program to ensure the customer is always in mind when decisions are made throughout the organization
- Contributing to a growing product design team, helping install best practices and processes as we scale
- Grow and develop your team of user researchers and coach and mentor product managers and designers in their evaluative efforts
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty, and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- More than 12 years of user research experience, driving direct and repeated business impact through your work, and a series of positive customer experiences
- History of contributing to a strong design culture, building a high-functioning team, and contributing to the elevation of others’ work
- Ability to highlight and prioritize the unknown unknowns to help shape roadmap strategies and experiences your users anticipate
- Experience in solving and simplifying service design challenges and/or complex task-based workflows
- Passion for aligning key stakeholders to user needs
- Research mentorship and guidance for fellow researchers, designers, and product management peers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote