Director, Product Design (Remote) at Classy
The Classy fundraising platform helps millions of supporters give back to nonprofits and the inspiring causes they stand for. As part of our focus to create best-in-class products, Product Design plays an integral part in our customer happiness and product differentiation. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a delightful customer experience and make things feel like Classy.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Design leader with a passion for combining thoughtful interaction and beautiful design to deliver engaging product experiences to our customers. Most importantly - you give a damn, and want to use the power of design for good.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the Product Design team by providing guidance, inspiration, and mentorship
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term Product Design strategy and vision
- Own a seat at the leadership table of Design, Product, and Engineering to define roadmaps, strategy, innovation, and achievement of business outcomes
- Be a strong design evangelist within Classy
- Own the design process for your team - from problem definition and research, to design, implementation and iteration
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and provide unquestionable value and delight
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive experience across the entire customer journey
- Grow the Product Design team by attracting and retaining new talent
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience leading, managing, and scaling a design team
- 8+ in product design and working on digital applications
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or your team, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that customers love
- A proven leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-functional team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment
- Both an eye for detail and the ability to think big and innovate
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Applied experience with design tools: Figma, Mural/Miro, Adobe
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a B2B2C product
- Experience with eCommerce, cart checkout, A/B testing, experimentation, and conversion optimization
- Experience building white-labeled webpage builders (ie, Wix, Squarespace, WordPress, Weebly, etc)
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.