GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead a group of fast-moving, passionate, and impact-driven user advocates across multiple high priority product verticals. You will work alongside product, engineering, content, business, and research counterparts. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects, who is able to rapidly context switch and able to identify new areas of opportunity for the product, and ensure excellence in craft and usability across the suite of products.
Along with your resume, please include a link to your portfolio, submissions without a portfolio will NOT be considered.
In this role you’ll:
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of product designers
- Work closely with your cross-functional counterparts to provide input into product strategy, roadmap sequencing, and resource allocation across the verticals
- Partner regularly with marketing and brand to ensure product strategy and vision alignments across the different teams and stakeholders
- Think holistically about the user and product ecosystem, and how to support your designers in order to help them think through the biggest areas of impact for design
- Work alongside, partner closely with research and content to ensure resource balance across the different priorities
- Regularly utilize your strong soft skills to persuade and build alignment through listening, negotiating, and making pragmatic decisions
- Help inform and advocate for support and consistency into the GoodRx design system
- Elevate the work your team is doing through regularly communicating and empowering your team to showcase world class experiences
- Playing a key role in leading hiring, onboarding, and improving your team’s culture and engagement
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- An empathetic people leader
- A well-rounded design leader well versed in all areas of design - including user research, user experience, visual, and interaction
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall user experience
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems
- Strong communicator and story-teller, effectively elevating design-thinking across product, design, engineering, and relevant stakeholders
- A data-driven hustler, always seeking to find new high impact opportunities for the product that will help and support our customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ruthless prioritizer, self-starter, reliable
Experience we’d like to see:
- 10+ years of experience in a product company and/or consulting experience, shipped successful products
- 5+ years of experience managing design teams
- Previous experience managing managers is nice to have
- Confidence in advocating for and sharing user-centered design principles to support your team’s design direction
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent prioritization and team management skills
- Well versed in Figma, Adobe CS, and various design/collaboration tools
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict among team members
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Experience with complex ecosystems design or healthcare space is a plus
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.