At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Define and drive overall UX strategy for the Product and Service Management portfolio of products (including our largest and most established product area of IT Service Management)
- Lead multiple design managers and their respective teams
- Set the tone and reinforce a culture of purpose, craft, safety, and pride of work
- Build strong bonds with cross-functional leaders to create winning product experiences
- Be the voice of design at leadership levels for the Product and Service Management portfolio of products
- Inspire and drive the adoption and application of human centered design practices across cross-functional teams
- Redefine what enterprise UX means in terms of effortless usability and emotional resonance
- Coach all levels of design professionals to elevate their craft in user research, interaction design, and visual design
- Set a high bar of design quality and impact and ensure your teams have the skills, resources, and space to deliver
- Be accessible, present, and involved at all levels from strategic planning with leadership to design reviews with individual designers
To be successful in this role you have:
- Enterprise product design experience (or experience in any highly technical product with complex workflows and systems of people, services, and technology)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, or related disciplines
- At least 10 years of experience in UX (specifically Interaction Design or Visual Design)
- At least 4 years of managing design teams, including managing managers or design leads who were the practice equivalent of managers
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Use cases demonstrating how you have led the creation of great experiences
- Experience working with robust design systems
- Expertise in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative products, or other typical UX design tools
- Expertise in distilling complex problems into elegant solutions
- Demonstrated ability to establish a strong, supportive culture of design excellence in design teams
- High initiative and growth mindset
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year
- Expertise in one or more of the following product spaces is a distinct plus: IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Operations Management (ITOM), Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM)
- Experience in inclusive design meeting WCAG guidance is a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.