About the company:
Freedom Financial Network was founded on a simple idea: that our consumers should be empowered to make healthy financial decisions. We take a people-first approach to empower our consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future.
We focus equally on creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and create human-centered consumer experiences.
About the role:
We're looking for a talented and experienced design leader to join us here at Freedom. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building high-performing teams, great products, and collaborative working relationships. We are looking for someone who is passionate and savvy in bringing a user-centered design approach to build products that improve our users' lives.
As Director of Product Design, you'll play a key role in building, scaling, and supporting the Design organization here at Freedom Financial. Reporting to the VP of Design, you'll be their right hand and be responsible for establishing strategic & operational processes that build alignment with a variety of teams across the organization. Through a close collaboration with product management, engineering leadership, and business stakeholders, you will drive business insights and outcomes while maintaining and building a culture of creativity, curiosity, collaboration, and innovation. You'll build an inclusive and high-performing team culture where innovation, quality, and business outcomes are aligned.
- Hire, coach, and develop high-performing designers and teams.
- Define and improve the processes and operational model to allow teams to operate at their peak effectiveness.
- Lead and coach ICs and people leaders through ambiguity and complexity to clarity and simplicity in solutions.
- Demonstrate mastery of design craft with evidence of high-quality execution and a high level of attention to detail.
- Bring clarity, direction, and support throughout all stages of the design process. Implement tools and practices that enable a distributed design team to create, collaborate, and communicate better.
- Co-create product vision for long-term growth and innovation with cross-functional partners from product management, engineering, and business.
- Instill a model of user-focused and iterative product design & development including continuous delivery within the teams.
- Articulate and evangelize design practices and vision in collaboration with leaders across the company.
- Play a foundational role in developing a combined design, product, and technical roadmap.
- Partner with others across teams to identify new products and business opportunities.
- Proactively communicate and align with stakeholders across the organization.
- 10+ years in UX & Product Design and 2+ years managing Design teams (including people leadership, strategy, and delegation).
- A people-first leader, who invested in the growth, development, and personal success of their team.
- Experience hiring, managing, and growing design teams and evidence of establishing strategic design practice.
- Deep understanding of consumer-centered design, research and product development processes.
- Track-record of success working with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders and partners with experience in defining strategy and .
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences across the organization.
- Demonstrates strong user focus, product sensibilities, and business acumen.
- Exhibits a creative and innovative mindset and approach to problem-solving.
- An ability to operate and communicate effectively within the distributed design and cross-functional teams.
- A strong portfolio demonstrates user-focus, strategy, leadership, and consumer-focused products (web & mobile) built in a fast-paced environment through cross-functional collaboration.
Why join us:
- We are a diverse group of individuals with a common goal of helping our customers achieve financial health.
- We value each other's opinions and prioritize what's best for our customers.
- We value the "human" component at all levels and it's reflected in the services we provide and our internal supportive culture.
- We focus and invest in the growth of every individual.
- We live our values to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
- We've been recognized as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020. Also 2022 Best Places to Work, Bay Area by BuiltIn