Director Product Design (Gap Finder) at Celonis (Remote)
Celonis' product design is part of the Product & Engineering team; We made it our mission to design and deliver consumer grade experiences and empower everybody in companies to make use of process mining and the Celonis Execution Management System. As designers and researchers we are working at the intersection of product design, business, and engineering to deliver usable and valuable solutions to our global customers.
As a Director Product Design, Gap Finding you will lead one of the key experiences of the EMS, Gap Finding, which enables our users to perform an analytical deep dive into their processes and help them identify and close execution gaps. You will lead a team of experienced product designers, and own the overall vision and direction for Gap Finding. You will partner with the product design leadership team to set up your team for success and enable them to do their best work.
The work you'll do
As a Director Product Design, Gap Finding you will work with Design, Product, and Engineering leadership to develop the strategy and roadmap for all Gap Finding related products (Analytics, Automation, Modeling). You will help the team grow, not only in size but also personal and professional career development.
You will drive the collection of business and experience metrics that facilitate decision making and you will articulate the value of the Gap Finding user experience to senior management.
You will build meaningful relationships within and outside the product & engineering organization in order to increase our designers' impact.
The qualifications you need
- University degree in Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI), Information Design, Communication Design, Engineering, Psychology, or similar
- Minimum of 8 years proven experience in digital product design
- Minimum of 4 years proven leadership experience
- You have a strong understanding of interaction design, usability engineering and testing, gestalt principles, and are able to communicate to teams, management and stakeholders how those factors will influence the design process and outcomes.
- You are very familiar with usability principles and techniques and you are skilled in using common UX/UI tools for the various stages of design-wireframing and high fidelity designs, prototyping, and testing, as well as specification and documentation.
- You have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design and strong analytical abilities.
- You are organized and are comfortable overseeing multiple design projects, ensuring that your team can stay focused on creating great experiences
- Demonstrated ability to raise UX awareness in the team
- Demonstrated improvement of product usability
- Outstanding communication skills & fluent in English
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your abilities