Director, Product Design (Customer Workflow) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do. Join our team and inspire digital transformations by creating new and compelling experiences for Global 500 companies - enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
ServiceNow is a global company that builds global products. What makes us great is the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products.
This role is part of the Experience Organization, made up of passionate people who work together to drive user research, UX and visual design, technical writing, prototyping (and more!) with the goal to create best in class enterprise software products.
While not mandatory, we do strive to find people with enterprise B2B product experience in one or more of our product domains including IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management, or Finance & Legal.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work collaboratively with our Product teams to deliver great UX that will revolutionize workplace collaboration and productivity for some of the largest companies in the world
- Directly lead and manage 8-10 designers and/or managers
- Change the way people work through design thinking and develop experiences using AI, Machine Learning and Mobile technology
- Oversee a portfolio of products, while acting as a mentor & manager to subordinates
- Work closely with Product and Engineering from strategic definition, planning, architecture, through tactical execution of the Product Roadmaps
- Work with your peers to ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem
- Lead user needs assessment, task analysis and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis and user testing, develop usability plans
- Develop high level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others
- Rapidly iterate theoretical task scenarios, navigation map, flow, and state-transition diagrams to document design decisions
- Oversee your team's work: detailed mockups and prototypes and behavior specifications.
- Ensure a consistent experience across the mobile and desktop platforms
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the company Design system to provide examples of core platform components and best practices
- Oversee UI layouts including controls, labels and graphical elements for software on both mobile and desktop platforms with an eye towards experience unification
- Participate in documentation development process such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation
- Work closely with product management in UX ideation and innovation
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Enterprise product design experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences
- Demonstrated experience in defining and/or working with robust design systems
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
- At least 8 years of visual and interaction design, with 5 years of Experience Design or equivalent
- At least 3+ years of experience managing design teams
- Expert with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a "make it work" ethos
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the year
- Expertise in one or more of the following product spaces: IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management (CSM), or Finance & Legal
- Experience in creating content and/or designing with compliance to WCAG 2.0/2.1 AA guidelines is a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.