Director Product Design, Core Product Experience at SurveyMonkey (Portland, OR)
What we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced leader to own Product Design for the end-to-end experience across our Core Surveys product. Your team will manage strategic vision and design execution for the experience of buyers (discovery, purchase, checkout), creators (creating, sending, and responding to surveys), and administrators (enterprise capabilities). This high impact role sits at the intersection of two key business priorities–a move up-market to deliver Momentive feedback solutions to Enterprise customers while also reinvigorating the core SurveyMonkey self-serve business.
This role reports to our Vice President of Product Design and Research, leads managers and IC designers across several locations, and partners with the Surveys Core, Platform and Self-Service leadership teams. You will be a key contributor to our overall product vision, strategy and delivery–defining and promoting design craft, facilitating a human-centered design process, and connecting customer-centricity to business outcomes. A successful candidate will be an inspirational people leader, collaborative cross-functional team player, and excellent coach and mentor.
Product Design and Research at Momentive is all about getting to the heart of customer needs while fulfilling our mission to power the curious. We're here to bring better design to the business world, and while we're at it we'd like to make our mark with stunning data viz, personable interfaces, and a commitment to empathizing with our users. We are mostly remote, with collaboration opportunities in 5 offices across the globe. We work closely with our counterparts in Product Management, Marketing and Engineering. If you believe that great design belongs everywhere and have the mettle to make it happen, let's talk!
- Deliver high quality design craft by developing talent, cultivating creativity, and inspiring excellence
- Own the experience end-to-end; connecting the work of other functions (content strategy, user research, design systems, brand, etc) and other customer touchpoints (marketing, sales, services, etc) to deliver a seamless experience for customers
- Elevate the voice of the customer and align opportunities to business context so you can deliver achievable solutions that delight customers and drive profitable growth
- Create the context for your team to thrive with relationships, rituals, and processes that streamline delivery, while facilitating collaboration with cross-functional partners and the broader design organization.
- Lead with a clear vision to help shape the product strategy, design vision, execution plan, and key metrics for your line of business
- Attract, develop, and retain a diverse, world-class team with a strong sense of purpose and belonging
- 10+ years experience leading Enterprise SaaS product design efforts, both as a lead designer and manager
- 2+ years people management experience
- Passion for solving complex Enterprise product challenges with modern, intuitive design solutions, preferably in the data and analytics space.
- Must have hired, mentored, and coached all levels of individual contributor designers
- Experience orchestrating the work across product design teams and within user-centered specializations including user research, content strategy and design systems
- Experience partnering with the Brand team to bring the brand to life in product and connect customer experiences
- Connection to the design community, staying on top of technology and trends, and, ideally, contributing as a thought leader
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Our vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, benefits, and culture for our 1,600+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel.
We've won multiple Culture and Employee awards, including Comparably's Best Workplace for Women and Diversity, and received recognition for our forward-looking benefits policies, including best workplace for parents, vendor benefits standards, our annual holiday refresh, retirement benefits, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.