Director, Creative Operations at Chewy (Boston, MA)
Chewy is looking for a Director, Creative Operations to join our Creative Studios Team based in Boston, MA.
The Creative Operations Director leads the creative management, project management, and technical operations team of Chewy’s in-house creative services organization, and its 3rd party creative vendors and resources. This role is responsible for the on-time, efficient execution and seamless delivery of all final creative the design, production design and copy team produces. The body of work produced is an expansive range of high quality, high performing communication materials, assets and content for marketing, corporate and internal communications distributed across a variety of media through site, paid and organic/owned channels. The Creative Operations Director will own the implementation, management and compliance of the Creative Services Department software and systems, including defining and optimizing workflows, processes and measurement to ensure accurate and measurable tracking and reporting of defined KPI’s to monitor the utilization, capacity, volume and velocity of the team.
- Motivate direct reports whose responsibilities include creative management, project management, resource management, print and digital production to a high level of performance and accountability in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with internal and external core functional partners, senior leaders and executive stakeholders to ensure clear pipeline forecasting, seamless execution and delivery at scale.
- Serve as the expert for the entire creative pipeline including planning and prioritization from intake to delivery of final assets.
- Exercise industry best practices to define and optimize workflows, tools and templates to increase efficiencies and lead to the highest quality work.
- Expertly navigate, mitigate and resolve conflict and risk management with proven ability to judiciously escalate concerns and make informed recommendations to senior and executive leadership as needed.
- Ability to forecast and model operational scenarios to facilitate optimization and change management.
- Effectively and efficiently manage internal and external resources including real-time operations and forecast planning, from individual projects to holistic pipeline, provide data-based and ROI-centric recommendations for staffing.
- Manage up and represent team’s work product to leadership with use of routine and as-needed project management system reports.
- Expert ability to translate raw data into information, insights and action plans for the Creative Services Department to align and deliver against.
- Hire, train, develop and retain top tier industry talent.
- Ensure a high level of performance, optimization and accountability against defined KPI’s.
- Lead and set example for exceptional change management protocols for buy-in, socialization and adoption through discovery, definition and documentation.
- Set and manage expectations for pipeline management across 16 BUs and 60+ Marketers - planning, definition, intake, scope change documentation, acceptance and approval.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 10+ years experience in marketing, creative or operations roles.
- Project management leadership experience for the delivery of quality creative and production in a large marketing organization with a heavy digital presence to meet strategic business goals.
- Executive presence, ability to earn and build trust with business leadership in running an effective and efficient Operations team; ability to influence senior leadership.
- Deep understanding of online retail and delivery of Integrated Marketing and Advertising digital assets.
- High proficiency and experience leading sophisticated creative project management software and tools.
- A natural planner, detail oriented with exceptional organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to new strategies, processes, and communication platforms with a positive attitude in driving adoption.
- Continuous improvement mindset with structured problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaborator with highly effective relationship and partnership skills.
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and drive toward insights and solutions.
About Chewy Creative Services and Chewy Studios
We are the ultimate one-stop shop for creative at chewy.com. We concept, design, and create original brands and packaging and online assets. We concept social campaigns, banners and lead the design for all internal and external marketing efforts. We also shoot and style all of our own photography, video and television commercials. If you saw it out in the wild and it had the Chewy logo on it, Chewy Studios was there – from start to finish. With positions ranging from entry-level script writing and production graphic design work to senior creative concepting, producing and photography, Chewy Studios does it all, in-house, with pride from 3 locations in Boston MA, Dallas TX, and the mothership in Dania Beach FL. If you love pets and crave working in an ultra-creative environment, give us a shout. We’re always interested in meeting new people – and their pets.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]