At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Reporting to the Senior Designer, the Digital Designer will be creating static, animated and video for various internal and external marketing initiatives. They’ll also be responsible for assisting with the creation of B2B/B2C/internal emails, presentations and internal visual requests.
What You’ll Do:
- Design engaging video-based motion graphics, animated gifs, and other assets for all Marketing channels
- Ensure brand consistency across all touch-points, as outlined by the Senior Designer and Creative Director
- Partner with copywriter to concept and execute original and unexpected creative content
- Complete project requests including social, print and online ads, infographics, presentations for internal and external audiences, email designs and collateral
- Stay aware of real-time design trends, implementing them when appropriate.
- Assist creative brainstorms and perform competitive research
What You Need:
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, in advertising or B2B marketing preferred
- BS/BA in Design or a related field, portfolio required
- Strong conceptual thinking, passionate about creating spectacular work
- Great collaborator with an excellent attitude, work ethic and people skills
- An eye for detail within a fast-paced environment, able to catch potential issues before delivery
- Adept at receiving and giving constructive feedback gracefully, showing good judgment
- Excellence in typography standards, knowledgeable in print production and digital asset delivery
- Strong client facing communication skills to understand the particular needs of a variety of internal clients and to present winning creative deliverables.
- Testing oriented mindset to work well in an iterative landscape where optimization is a constant state
- Thrive under time pressure, multitasking, adapting quickly and working independently
- Experience creating high converting assets such as paid social ads and banner ads.
Nice to haves
- Experience designing UI/UX solutions using Sketch or Figma
- Ability to shoot and produce high quality video content
- Experience creating content marketing material for driving performant digital content acquisition campaigns
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.