Digital Designer at Kate McLeod (Remote)
Kate McLeod creates effective, good-for-you products that help customers find moments of intentioned self care in their lives. Our hero product is the Body Stone, an innovative solid moisturizer that melts into the skin on contact. It's designed to be used daily and turns something quotidian into an intentioned moment of self care — a source of everyday magic.
We do things differently. Unlike most beauty brands, we formulate all of our products from scratch in our own production facility — every Stone has been hand poured, hand wrapped, and hand tucked into its bamboo canister.
To put it bluntly, we have an incredible product and product pipeline. We have a story to tell. And we are passionate, motivated, and scrappy. We are building our small but mighty team intentionally — this is a wonderful opportunity to join a consumer brand at a pivotal moment in its growth trajectory and have immediate impact.
We are headquartered in the Hudson Valley, but our roots are in the greater New York metro area — we are open to hiring candidates working remotely in the Eastern or Central Time Zones, as long as they are willing to travel as needed for critical in-person meetings.The Role
You will be responsible for creating digital assets under the Kate McLeod brand, ensuring that we deliver an elevated experience across e-mail, website, and social. You will work closely with our marketing team to understand clear design expectations - meeting all deadlines and staying open to revisions and changes. You will engage in a variety of projects all while researching and staying on top of digital trends and creating a design system to be utilized across our team.Who You Are
You are excited by the idea of working in house at an innovative, growing beauty and wellness brand. You love working on small teams and thrive in fast-paced environments. You are passionate about creating an elegant digital experience for our customers across a variety of channels. You are detail oriented but always capable of stepping back to see the bigger picture. You have a strong appreciation for the Kate McLeod brand, and you are eager to take our design capabilities to the next level.Responsibilities
- Design and create digital assets across a variety of channels (Instagram, TikTok, e-mail, video, and other experimental digital formats) and in a range of formats and device sizes with quality and consistency
- Collaborate with our marketing team to understand campaigns, promotions, etc. along with design expectations
- Rapidly iterate and refine design concepts－from initial briefing through final delivery
- Elevate our brand by creating and maintaining a high bar of visual excellence across all digital touchpoints
- Establish a scalable design system of components, templates, and style guides
- Gather insights from research and analytics to form new design solutions
- Meet all deadlines and manage revisions or unexpected change
- BA or BFA in graphic design or related field
- 3+ years of digital design experience, ideally in startups or agencies (beauty experience is a plus)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Klaviyo
- Understanding of UI / UX and user-centric design principles (Figma experience preferred)
- Strong aesthetic and typography skills with attention to detail
- Basic understanding of HTML / CSS is a plus
- Hard working and self motivated to complete assigned tasks, anticipate next steps, and exceed expectations
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig in enthusiastically, no matter how small the task
- Passionate about learning and self-improvement. Eager to give and receive candid, real-time feedback in support of professional development
Benefits & Perks (Full-Time, Salaried Roles)
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + Bank Holidays
- Exclusive employee discounts
Kate McLeod is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome our employees’ differences in race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, among other characteristics.