Are you looking for the challenge of creating great cooperative gameplay player experiences? Do you relish the idea of crafting player stories about fireteam going into the unknown and achieving the impossible? Can you imagine how to construct challenges that demand coordination to overcome? Do you believe game rewards should be prestigious, earned by commitment, mastery, and replay? If so, you just might be the ideal candidate to become Bungie’s next Raid & Dungeon (RAD) Designer.
As a RAD Activity Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to generate ideas for encounters & activities, and converting them into fully realized fireteam experiences in the game. RAD Activity Designers are tasked with writing all of the script logic of the activity, building a database of mechanic components, authoring the structure that defines the location of enemy combatants in the encounter, as well as working closely with the World Artists to craft level designs. You will balance the gameplay skill and coordination required from groups of players to overcome the difficulty of your encounter designs.
- Write and maintain design specs that define experience goals based on theme of creative direction
- Continuously align with the Area Lead to ensure all design elements support the creative direction and are cohesive with activity pillars.
- Collaborate with and articulate dependencies for collaborator teams: Test, VFX, Bosses, Audio, and Narrative
- Build and maintain RAD activity, encounter, and investment content
- Skillfully iterate on your design based on feedback from Area leadership, peers, and playtesting
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams as necessary to deliver complex activity composed of multiple features
- Demonstrable design acumen: spatial, mechanical, experiential (pacing/tuning)
- Proficiency with Unity or comparable level design & scripting tool
- Read and write Python or comparable scripting language
- Functional understanding of tags workflow or comparable database editor
- In-depth knowledge of Destiny Raids, Dungeons, or comparable pinnacle cooperative PvE activities
- Exemplary communication skills, social intelligence, great interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.