Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This role is a multifaceted position that will focus on the development, growth and management of our design technology systems and BIM across our real estate portfolio. Although we have many building types, we are looking for someone who is comfortable supporting projects within Retail/Charging with our Concepts Design team. This role is an individual contributor and does NOT have direct reports. You will work with in a small Design Technology team that supports all Rivian Facilities team. This role specifically will be working closely with the Concepts Design Team, which will be producing very polished high design projects that are customer and member facing. A keen interest and eye for design and detailing is a must.
You will establish goals and project plans in support of the design, architecture, and in the realm of landscaping and topography. You will establish, interpret, and communicate changes in guidelines, policies, procedures, and other related matters as well as acting as a mentor to project teams, both internal and external, on Design Technology best practices of moving through the lifecycle of a project. We look forward to speaking with you about Rivian and want to emphasize the importance of submitting both a resume and portfolio or work sample. Candidates who do not submit work samples will not be considered.
- Integrate and support Design Technology/BIM tools, workflows, and processes with teams, including both internal and external partners.
- Innovate to create and deploy custom solutions for Concepts design team.
- Coordinate office BIM training for internal and external partners, as it relates to guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain and develop BIM-related content and templates.
- Research, develop and evangelize innovative design technology tools to maintain best-in-class service and efficiency from both internal and external partners.
- Support the Concepts design team with complex geometries through modeling or visual programming.
- Support the Concepts design team by training on Detailing in Revit and rendering in Revit/Enscape.
- Work with our materials librarian to ensure that the concept design managers are using materials available and ensure that they are in the model.
- Work with our Technical Detailing group on Revit families and details for custom projects.
- Meet with and align with Concept Design Managers on the vision for the design and help with the execution of this vision.
- Work and grow your skills in design technology with one of our Design Technology Managers.
- Document processes, procedures, and workflows.
- Work with design standards and prototyping team to create efficiencies throughout the project delivery process.
- Work across many projects of various types and be able to identify system and standard development needs.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other BIM and Design Technology Managers towards a collective vision.
- Support team with related AEC related technologies
- Use visual programming to resolve issues that occur across many projects.
- Support the manipulation and QC of 3D topography models in Revit
- Must have worked at an internationally known and reputable Architecture or Design firm.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in architecture with a Master’s degree strongly advisable.
- 2+ years of experience in a project-specific BIM/digital design role of all phases of design and delivery.
- 3+ in a related job such as Architecture, Technical Design, Interior Design
- Deep knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, and supporting applications.
- Experience working in Architecture or Interiors with detailed knowledge of project processes, milestones and deliverables.
- An articulate communicator able to convey design technology-related concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals.
- Extremely patient when working with designers through the iterative design processes.
- A technologist at heart, someone who loves to explore solutions via technology and is vigorous when faced with complex problems.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to keep an audience interested in live Revit demos.
- Strong eye for good design.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Passion for personal development and gaining expertise in the discipline of architecture technology.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities to improve system processes and protocols.
- Reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and technological support to project teams.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in a startup/fast paced and changing environments.
- Comfortable with working side by side with a design team to push on deadlines.
- Experience with design visualization techniques and applications such as 3D Studio Max, Enscape, and Vray.
- Experience with Lidar scanning technologies i.e., Point clouds and Autodesk ReCap.
- Intermediate knowledge of Dynamo & Grasshopper preferred.
- Experience with large site projects, a plus.
- Experience with Landscape design and topography models, a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.