From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We are on a mission to empower teams and individuals with accurate, highly usable data! Our products are low-configuration by design, and everything we do is aimed at helping our customers avoid the unnecessary complexity found in our industry. We are looking for bright and empathetic individuals to come help shape the future of data-backed decision-making. Fivetran is on a mission to be an integral part of the Modern Data Stack, and our latest 100MM funding round is helping us do just that!Design at Fivetran
Your discipline goes by many names, including Design Technologist, UX Engineer, Creative Technologist, Design Engineer and UX Prototyper. This unique combination of Design perspective + Engineering skills allows people in this role to make impactful contributions at each phase of the design lifecycle.
In practice, this means you will help brainstorm and then write the code that breathes life into new design concepts, making them tangible for the team. This helps us validate ideas both internally and with our users. You can act as a bridge between the Design team and our cross-functional partners, helping to ensure both design fidelity as well as technical feasibility.
This Design Technologist role will support and partner with our brand and creative team, helping to both evolve and champion the Fivetran digital web experience, and brand design system. You will be creating and building our brand design system, and working directly with developers to make sure our code matches our pixels. In this role, you will need to collaborate with key stakeholders in the design, marketing, and engineering team, and cultivate close partnerships.What you’ll do:
- Work with cross-functional teams across different time zones on executing scalable design solutions for Website builds, marketing campaigns, customer communications and digital events.
- Implement standards, scalable practices, frameworks, design systems, and libraries in prototypes and motion in service to design.
- Enable pixel-perfect execution for design and engineering across platforms. Unblock and accelerate team members to deliver unparalleled quality and speed.
- Support the rollout of the building and distribution of our brand design system. We have some exciting updates in the works launching early this year!
- Collaborate with designers, regularly seeking feedback to strengthen concepts and maintain pixel perfection and scalability.
- A great portfolio showing several years worth of complex, highly usable interactive UIs.
- Mastery of front-end web technologies including HTML, CSS, and ReactJS.
- Attention to detail in typography, composition, and the craft of design
- Comfortable articulating the ‘why’, and leading discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives and projects with teams
- Experience working with data & insights
- Experience with illustration and motion
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.