Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Product Design Manager you will lead a talented team of designers in their quest to bring beautiful, usable, human-centered products and features to life. If you're passionate about connecting job seekers to new employment opportunities and making a positive impact on millions of people across the country, this is the role for you. You will be a champion for the people who use our services, while bringing cohesion and elegance to our growing suite of background check services. You will be responsible for ensuring excellence in design execution and improving our processes in a fast-paced, mature startup environment. Our team is growing substantially in 2022, and you’ll be responsible for hiring more designers.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of product designers, collaborating with stakeholders around the company to accomplish business goals
- Recruit and hire amazing product designers, helping to shape the growing team
- Maintain and further build design team workflows that ensure that all designs delivered are in line with high-quality UX standards and our product and brand design systems
- Empower and mentor designers on your team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment
- Establish a strong point of view that balances shorter-term product design needs with longer-term investments in platform usability and scalability
- Incorporate qualitative and quantitative design and usability research approaches. Leverage data in your decision-making
- Demonstrate how systems-thinking, process governance, and component standardization can help scale your team, the products, and the company brand
Who you are
- Excited about improving employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- 8+ years’ in product design, 2+ years managing product designers
- Experienced with B2B software or applications with multiple user touch-points on different platforms and devices with direct experience on mobile
- Able to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience
- Pragmatic and able to empower and manage teams of designers, pushing them to produce their best work
- Able to consider long-term sustainability in all design decisions and maintain an eye for reusability in designs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to champion the best ideas and push back on beliefs with integrity and respect
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional partners and influence the larger team
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $162,563-$191,250.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.