Design Operations Lead at Atlassian
Atlassian is growing faster than ever and has an opportunity for a Design Ops Practices Lead to join our design operations team, Design Hub. The Design Hub team is a cross-disciplinary design operations team focused on enabling more effective designers and a more efficient Experience Design org. We own the operationalizing, optimizing, and scaling of design by designing practices, systems, and tools that drive operational and craft excellence.
Reporting to the Design Ops Manager, this person will own critical CX initiatives for the Design Hub team, focused on operationalizing experience quality. As a Design Ops Practices Lead, you will establish processes and practices to scale the effectiveness and value of Atlassian designers and design teams. You will help the Design Hub team establish feedback and learning loops, design and implement our long-term strategy to enable improved experience quality, and measure outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you'll be a big picture problem solver while also immersed in the details defining and refining design practices and frameworks. You will inspire and energize design teams to achieve user-centered outcomes, create the best user experiences, and identify opportunities for our team to work better and deliver value to our design org.
Does this sound fun to you? You might just be the person we're looking for.
In order to be successful in this role, you:
- Love operations. You're organized, proactive, and thrive in the details-even as you work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. You think strategically, recognizing the importance of long-term goals, have vision, and are committed to success.
- Are an excellent communicator. You know how to connect with people all over the globe at various levels of seniority, and you're comfortable calling "BS" if you see it - even with execs.
- Are a problem solver. You think fast on your feet, come up with solutions to critical situations, make timely decisions and take calculated risks. You seek out opportunities to improve and optimize - constantly searching for new knowledge, new ideas and you're willing to learn and try better ways.
- You're a multiplier at all levels of the organization. You're a multiplier who recognizes the intelligence around you and you inspire and motivate others to do their best work.
- You're a systems thinker. You always have a line of sight to the big picture. You're constantly seeking to connect the dots and to solve for the root problem, not just the immediate symptom.
In terms of experience, this means:
- You've spent at least 6-10 years in design, design operations, or similar role.
- You have strong foundational understanding of the design practices and methodologies and the product development lifecycle.
- You are comfortable leading programs of work, managing stakeholder expectations and dependencies.
- You've worked collaboratively within and across teams, influencing to drive not just tactical execution but also larger strategy.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.