Design Manager, UX Foundation at Postman
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.About the Team.
The UX Foundation organization aims to help product teams across Postman to execute on their roadmap and build great user experiences & interfaces quickly & reliably by providing tooling, support, feedback and education. The org is composed of three independent squads; Design Systems, Application UX and UX Maturity. Each of these teams focusses on certain key aspects of the UX practice in Postman, both in terms of design and execution. The UX Foundation also incubates a budding Ops practice that defines UX onboarding, tooling and advocacy both for designers and developers across Postman.
We're looking to preferably hire this role in Europe.What You'll Do.
- You will lead a team of UI, UX and visual designers who can think in systems and build foundational experiences for the whole Postman product.
- You should be comfortable working closely with UX, research and engineering teams while continuously talking to the people who actually build product experiences within Postman.
- Developer tooling has not been synonymous with beautiful interfaces, but we're looking for a design leader who's itching to change that at a foundational level.
- Build and maintain a team of talented product designers, and mentor them to ensure that they grow in their own roles.
- Lead efforts to curate a library of visual and experiential patterns that can be reused across the product.
- Build processes that can enable individual product designers to quickly iterate on their visual prototypes.
- Measure the success of Postman's design system and help drive adoption of its components in both design and code.
- Advocate on best practices around UI and visual design and help augment Postman's UX with flawless interfaces
- 5-8 years of experience in designing and shipping intuitive, beautiful and responsive user interfaces using design systems.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of designers who have shipped a design system in code.
- Familiarity with design and development best practices around design systems and user interfaces.
- Experience speaking at demos / conferences and advocating for practices through design systems.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.What Else?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.Equal Opportunity.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: [email protected]. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?