Customer Data Platforms & Experiences UI/UX Designer at Capital One (Dallas, TX)
Customer Data Platforms & Experiences UI/UX Designer
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are currently seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering world-class products that redefine our customers day-to-day financial activities. As a member of the Consumer Identity and Data Experience Team you will design both internal and external facing experiences powered by Capital One's customer data platform. This team is at the heart of knowing who our customers are. You will work closely with product and tech partners to enhance experiences and will be instrumental in defining the future vision for what the platform will become and what use cases are the highest leverage. We're looking for someone who loves to solve complex customer problems and who is excited by data and how it can be used to empower their experiences with simplicity and delight. You'll join a bold and passionate group of designers who, just like you, hold a high bar for craft and customer excellence.
What You'll Do:
You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
Collaboration & Connection
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs - then translating them into intuitive and engaging digital experiences
- Participating in translating complex ideas into understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product experience
- Advocating for the customer through human centered design methods, including: discovery, research, whiteboarding sessions, and user testing
- Championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Participating in hiring by reviewing resumes, conducting interviews and attending consensus
Discovery & Delivery
- Supporting early product definition by working with partners to participate in discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Demonstrating familiarity with design tools to deliver concepts and enable successful collaboration across teams
- Participate in end-to-end product design by:
- Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies
- Creating process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes
- Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Supporting effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- At least 4 years of experience with User Experience design
- Designing for cross-channel experiences
- Comfortable working with Product and Tech partners
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools, such as: Sketch and/or Figma
- Familiarity with working in an established design system
- Is autonomous and can make sense of ambiguity and the gray space
- Can manage relationships with multiple stakeholders with a high level of confidence and resilience
- Is proficient in mobile and web best practices
- Is a Figma pro and has experience working with design systems
- Is excited by platform and data architecture
- Can lead & facilitate their own research strategy if needed
- Has experience creating utilitarian workflows & experiences, can simplify complex UI needs, and who has ability to clearly communicate their point of view and rationale for their recommendations
- Can apply HCD approach to solve for both customer and business problems, solving for complex use cases and scenarios
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $131,400 - $150,000 for Pr. Associate, Design
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).