Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for residents, team members, and the community.
Ascension is seeking a remote Creative Pre-Press Specialist to join the team.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for supporting the business and Mission goals of Ascension through professional design of print.
- Thinks creatively and strategically to make sure layouts and messages convey visually appealing solutions across different media to consumers.
- Provides professional design of advertising, print collaterals, infographics and other brand expressions.
- Ensures consistent application of the Ascension brand standards by following the guidelines, procedures and tools for standardizing the brand.
- Serves as brand steward by ensuring internally and externally produced materials meet brand standards while effectively meeting business communication needs.
- Engages associates in applying the visual identity with the objective of contributing to associates' identification with and appreciation of the ministry as well as recognition and appreciation among external stakeholders.
- Work closely with marketing clients to finalize and deliver projects that meet or exceed expectations.
- Responsible for the layout, design and pre-press production of a varied range of print materials.
- Ability to work from concept through execution and maintain identity guidelines.
- Self-motivated and self-directed to prioritize and manage timelines across multiple projects and deliverables while maintaining exceptional quality of work.
- Work collaboratively to refine design concepts and to express complex messages clearly and concisely and ensure optimal user experience.
- Maintain a library of corporate identity marks, templates and other resources.
- Ensures that communications are consistent, accurate and appropriate.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Complexity of Work:
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
- Good working knowledge of color spaces i.e., RGB, CMYK, spot colors, etc
- Experience with XDF functions within InDesign a plus
- QC within design/pre press files for accuracy
- Serve as final checkpoint in the design process; finetune team design files as needed and submit final files to printer
- Proactively problem-solve, suggest and implement improvements, both in print production and overall processes
- Experience creating graphics for use in Google Docs and Slides
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to collaborate in a remote/hybrid work environment
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field required
- Three years design and pre-press production experience is preferred
- 3-5 years' minimum of project management experience is preferred
- Effective communicator who's capable of gaining the confidence and respect of peers and key stakeholders is required
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.