How you’ll spend your time at Tovala
- Providing creative direction across a variety of mediums: Direct all creative development from conception to execution, ensuring cohesive and elevated brand messaging across channels, platforms and mediums including web, apps, email, social media, display, video, print, and packaging.
- Developing and delivering creative that drives results: Translate brand strategy into high impact creative concepts that will drive brand differentiation, acquisition, retention, loyalty and advocacy.
- Partnering cross-functionally to ensure creative output supports strategic initiatives and priorities: Partner closely with Brand, Performance Marketing, Retention, Product and Strategy teams to deliver impactful creative for ad campaigns, product launches, customer onboarding, menu and packaging design, strategic partnerships and more.
- Leading and inspiring your team: Support a small but mighty cadre of designers, copywriters, photographers and videographers, including in-house talent, contractors and agency partners, to develop insight-driven creative grounded in brand strategy.
- Keeping us data-driven: Develop and maintain creative best practices in order to drive response from our creative efforts, incorporating consumer research, test results and third party expertise to inform approach.
- Ensuring creative delivery: Ensure that creative projects are prioritized appropriately and delivered on time, on strategy and on budget.
- Strategic & business-minded: You are a strategic minded leader who understands the critical role that creative plays in delivering business objectives.
- Results-oriented: You believe that the best design is not only beautiful, but is grounded in strategy and inspires action. You thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented environment.
- Player-coach: You are humble and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and executing as well as ideating and providing creative thought leadership.
- Team management & leadership:You are skilled at evaluating creative and providing clear feedback and direction as well as delegating and coaching to manage your teams’ workload and output.
- 10+ years in a visual design role
- 5+ years of experience managing design and copy teams.
- Extensive digital design and marketing campaign experience required; video production and packaging design experience is a plus.
- Previous in-house tech/start up and DTC experience required; food and/or subscription business experience a plus.
- Experience working very collaboratively and cross-functionally—especially with Brand and Performance/Growth Marketing teams.
- Extensive experience designing across channels, platforms and customer touch points.
- Experience and passion for testing & optimizing creative to deliver business goals.
- Experience inspiring, mentoring and developing high performing creative teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Tovala uses market data, geography, and placement of internal employees to determine appropriate salary. Additionally, we offer all employees real ownership in the company in the form of a competitive equity package.
- Unlimited paid time off (with a minimum of 15 days off you HAVE to take)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage we really invest in401k with match
- Free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala meals
- Paid holidays and our winter holiday office shutdown where the offices and facilities close for a week around Christmas and New Years
- Various other perks - recognition programs, continued learning stipend, casual dress code, in-office coffee, snacks and drinks, and Tovala swag