Percona is searching for a Creative Director to lead our internal creative team, while expanding the scope and scale to deliver exceptional creative work. We are looking for a bold creative leader that has mastered visual storytelling. You value clean design and provocative thinking, with a clear vision. You can simplify complex ideas, humanize technology, and deliver inspiring branding from our team, across Percona and to our customers.
This is a senior role for a unique, inspiring leader that has the experience, ability and drive to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly across the company. You have a strong branding background in B2B technology, with a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering the best ideas that connect with both technical and business audiences.
This role reports directly to the SVP of Marketing and leads all design and branding efforts at Percona.
What You Will Do
- Guide the Percona story through creative that sets the tone for the future
- Ensure all creative assets and web properties create the best and consistent brand and design experienceDevelop and enforce brand guidelines, with usage consistency across the company
- Design visual projects incorporating copy, innovative visual design, and brand assets, while being mindful of usability and web best practices
- Promote excellence on the creative team to ensure quality and consistency while delivering the best results
- Collaborate internally and externally (agencies, partners, etc) as needed
- Manage a creative calendar to prioritize projects on your team, while sticking with goals and meeting due dates
- Responsible for seeing an idea through the creative process to final sign off
- Define creative team standards for production and quality
- Be known as the best creative mind inside and outside of Percona
What You Have Done
- 8+ years of experience in creative direction and design
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing a team in a creative agency or internal creative group; global experience is a plus
- Created a portfolio of exceptional work of brand creative across all mediums such as web, UI/UX, social, video, print, and interactive
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Taken complex ideas and turned them quickly into something visual that can be used on various mediums
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work effectively under deadlines while managing concurrent projects
- High level of proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior experience as a senior designer or director is preferred
- Knowledge or experience with photography and video production is also a plus
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
More Information on Percona
Percona operates in the Consulting industry. The company is located in Durham, NC. Percona was founded in 2006. It has 272 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 3 open jobs at Percona, click here.
Read Full Job Description