At Clearbit, we help our customers build unstoppable growth engines. Our products enable businesses to understand their customers, generate demand, act on intent, and increase conversions all the way down the funnel. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
We're a high-growth SaaS company full of can-do, kind people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers. We have aggressive growth plans for 2022 and beyond. With a bias for action — we are moving fast.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so it's easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you (kindly) to grow and ask for the same in return.
Clearbit is looking to hire a Creative Director to lead and grow a team and program at the intersection of design, marketing communications, and go-to-market enablement.
A critical part of Clearbit and Clearbit Design, our Marketing Communications team (Marcoms) is the creative pillar responsible for bringing our mission and story to life, and to the world. This role reports to the Head of Design at Clearbit and requires a close partnership with our Marketing, Go-To-Market (GTM), and Enablement teams, including Content, Demand, Growth, and Product Marketing. Establishing a close collaborative relationship with the heads of these teams at Clearbit will be a key to success in this role.
As Creative Director for Marcoms, you will be responsible for driving a commitment to design excellence; building a team and shaping it into a diverse and interdisciplinary team of designers; delivering our brand and story to the world; pushing the limits of the mediums on which we do this.
This role requires expert on-brand creative direction; an emphasis on cross-functional coordination of teams, projects, and people in the design process; initiative to shape big ideas and deliver on time.
An ideal candidate will have perspective and knowledge on what it takes to build a program within Design that works cross-functionally, blending a background in visual and communications design, creative strategy, and design process, and its intersection with the marketing practices, go-to-market strategies, and enablement. Team-building & leadership is at their core. They take initiative and advocate for Design as a key stakeholder. They possess a mind for design systems and foundations and have an applied understanding of how these are employed to achieve on-brand consistency and build design excellence at Clearbit.
At Clearbit, you will...
- Own and build the Marcoms design program.
- Drive the creative strategy, direction, and output across marketing, go-to-market, and enablement initiatives at Clearbit.
- Lead and deliver creative campaigns that result in improved conversions, increased pipeline, and brand awareness and affinity.
- Recruit, hire and lead a best-in-class, multi-disciplinary team of designers and creatives.
- Establish and manage budgets and relationships with external agencies and contractors.
- Champion design and creative excellence, and be a driver that shepherds consistent, compelling, and on-brand stories.
- Define the processes and systems that shape your team’s ability to deliver in a sustainable, effective manner.
- Set priorities and objectives for your team, and work with them to develop the best paths forward towards your goals.
We're look for someone with...
- Experience. You have 10+ years in a creative role, with 3 or more years leading a creative team.
- Creative depth and breadth. You have a background steeped in brand and marketing communications; visual design and design systems; video production and photography.
- Conviction. You know good design and how to express it. You know what it means to humanize a story; to understand and appeal to your audience; to chase big ideas; to say no when there’s reason to say it. Above all, you do these through a lens of empathy.
- Business acumen. You understand SaaS products and technologies, the market we operate in, and how the work you do drives company objectives and outcomes.
- Leadership. You have experience recruiting, hiring, and developing a diverse multi-disciplinary team of designers, and a vision of what is needed to build a design program that embodies excellence. You elicit the very best out of your team. You rely on intuition, experience, and data to make decisions and move people and ideas forward.
- Demonstrable results. You have a portfolio that shows a record of delivering impact through creative campaigns and your contribution.
In you experience, you have...
- Worked on and developed a brand, a visual language, and design systems.
- Defined OKRs, priorities, and processes that have enabled your people to do their best work.
- Led cross-functional workshops and early ideation sessions to help shape ideas and our overall storytelling.
- (Bonus) Experience with live-action video and photo, and their uses in marketing, advertising, and broader applications.
Please include the following in your application:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- An online portfolio or collection of projects that you’ve led.
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project (work or personal) and your contributions to it.
- A short paragraph on your goals and how you envision Clearbit fitting into that.
Our commitment to you...
- To give you the support you need to be successful in building that best-in-class Marcoms design program, bringing the Clearbit story to life and to the world, and developing your career as a design leader.
Working at Clearbit:
- We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness so that it's easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
- Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it's incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical and mental health.
- Our benefits include:- Competitive salary and meaningful equity- Health, dental, and vision for you and your family- Paid parental leave- Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions- 401(K)- Education benefits.
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria, but think you can do the job? We’d love to chat anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown that women and folks from marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t check every box.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.
More Information on Clearbit
Clearbit operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Clearbit was founded in 2014. It has 155 total employees. To see all 23 open jobs at Clearbit, click here.
Read Full Job Description