Contractor, Senior Product Designer at Apex Fintech Solutions (Portland, OR)
WHO WE ARE
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Product Designer for a contract position, specifically focused on a project that requires a new interface. You will champion the user throughout the entire design and development process. The ideal candidate possesses mastery over all user-centered design skills and techniques, including task analysis, use cases, user journeys, usability testing, wire-framing, and design systems. You will work closely with product management, engineering, and frontend development teams to develop a cohesive experience for users.
You are a self-starter who takes charge of guiding the design process from gathering user interface requirements, conducting user shadowing and interviews, building wireframes, utilizing design systems, creating prototypes, writing detailed user interface specifications and developing the "look and feel" (visual design). You put the user first in your Enterprise designs, however, you also understand MVP restraints and incorporate developer feedback (both frontend and backend) in order to build solid, business-level products from concept to completion.
- Demonstrate passion for, and up-to-date knowledge of, user-centered design processes, systemic thinking, interaction design principles, and current visual design aesthetics.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to craft impactful and engaging user-centered designs across a range of new features, components, and applications.
- Articulate business requirements, technical capabilities and limitations, translating them into user-intuitive experiences that fulfill all user "jobs to be done."
- Express concepts through sketches, wireframes, user flows, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes to illustrate functions and features of interface concepts.
- Conduct interviews, user shadowing and task analysis in order to understand the user's goals and complications, and to create user personas.
- Create user flow diagrams, user journeys and user stories to describe the user's expectations, needs and pain points.
- Work with the design team to contribute to the Apex design system.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively and persuasively present your work and explain rationale behind design decisions to peers, stakeholders and executives.
- 8-10 years of experience in UX and/or product design with an emphasis on enterprise and SaaS web applications, ideally within FinTech.
- A portfolio of design work demonstrating design principles for enterprise web platforms along with a strong design process, conceptualization skills, design execution and a diverse range of visual styles.
- A passion for resolving user pain points through great design.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Possess a strong proficiency with Figma and experience using a design system.
- Up-to-date knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Proficiency in using Confluence and JIRA.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with information architecture and designing user flows for data-rich and data-dense use cases.
- Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced, Agile, environment
- Working knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards.
- The ability to work with multiple internal teams and stakeholders to uncover and understand requirements.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping and iteration, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
#product management #mid-senior #contract #LI-JA1
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At AFS, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from home and one of our primary offices.
AFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.