Content design at Returnly is small, mighty, and growing. We're looking for an experienced content designer (content strategist, UX writer) who shares our passion to build a simple, delightful, and breezy return experience. This role is a hands-on position requiring conceptualization, research, presentation skills, the ability to generate thoughtful content, set and deliver on deadlines across time zones, and communicate ideas effectively. As a qualified candidate, you're able to develop strong points of view on the best content solution, but enthusiastically welcome feedback from users and partners alike. You're able to balance usable copy with smart, creative risks, and are eager to push boundaries to achieve the most effective solutions.
It's a fantastic time to join. You'll work closely with product managers, designers, researchers, and engineers to design complex, innovative features from discovery all the way through testing. You'll own and shape the voice of our merchant dashboard, working across many areas of the roadmap across a task-based lifecycle. Since we're growing fast, you'll be working on a number of complex projects at once, focusing both on longer-term strategic considerations and more tactical day-to-day writing.
You'll excel at collaborating with cross-functional partners. You ask insightful questions that uncover gaps and propel teams forward. You move easily between big-picture thinking and fine tuning details. You're great at communicating, explaining your reasoning, and advocating for the user. And, of course, you're an excellent writer!
What you'll do
- Work cross-functionally with PMs, designers, and researchers at all stages of the product development process - from ideas to optimizations.
- Contribute your expertise to product strategy and vision (not just "how it should look," but "what should we build?").
- Shape product experiences through information architecture, content hierarchy, usability principles, accessibility, and other best practices.
- Write stellar UX content that is useful, simple, and smart.
- Distill complex, nuanced logic into relatable and easeful language.
- Create and collaborate on user flows, communications (like emails), test prototypes, research questions, and more.
- Bring your keen sense of usability to participate in design sprints for new products, helping define flows and features.
- Learn from our greater writing community at Returnly, including brand and technical writers.
- Contribute to style guides and other writing guidelines.
- Advance brand voice across our product.
What we look for
- Deeply fluent in all-around writing skills - you're a language nerd who lives and breathes grammar, context, and meaning.
- Think strategically - you're comfortable working on complex systems and frame your work around business objectives.
- Able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Love to collaborate and advocate for the user and for content.
- Are creative - you're a natural storyteller with the ability to persuade.
- Value and enjoy doing user research.
- Participate in and can help run design sprints, both as an advocate for content and a source of great product ideas.
- Advocate for a content-first approach to design!
- 2-3 years' UX writing experience, including in task-based or web-native products.
- A BA or BS in a related field (English, journalism, psychology, anthropology, human factors), or equivalent experience.
- Bonus: experience in eCommerce, localization, and highly-regulated industries.
Location - Remote U.S.
GRADE - USA27
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.