| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:19 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 25, 2022
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Content Designer to join a group of performance-driven UX design, content, and research user-advocates. We are continuously seeking ways to reach our customers more effectively and efficiently—all while building an enduring brand. You’ll be involved in translating user needs into meaningful and desirable customer experiences and will work alongside product designers, researchers, managers, engineers, and more.
In this role, you will be responsible for writing high-quality UX content for complex user journeys that lead our users through our prescription savings experiences. In this high-visibility area, we seek a passion for words as well as a mastery of conversation, delight, and thought leadership-driven language—and an ability to know when to push and pull on each.
We’re looking for someone who’s:
● Very passionate about user experience and the role words play.
● Able to thrive in an agile work environment, and pivot when needed.
● Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems.
● Very comfortable in a fast-paced work environment.
● People-focused and wants to design and build products that truly have a meaningful impact.
● Able to offer:
○ Superb communication skills, both verbal and written (internal as well as externally-facing).
○ Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
○ A demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict.
Experience we’d like to see:
● 3-5 years of professional writing experience including 1+ years UX content writing or content design experience, and understanding of UX principles.
● Able to create usable and consumable content design deliverables for user research, the organization, and strategic efforts with minimal oversight. And be able to take direction from stakeholders and decision makers.
● Acute attention to detail to ensure consistent, considered outputs.
● Solid understanding of current design thinking, UX content design best practices, and radical user-focus within and across complex groups, if not large organizations.
● Solid experience working with UX designers, researchers, developers, and product/program owners within a UX, creative, marketing, or similar setting.
● Understanding of the importance of UX success tracking, able to tease content insights from research/analytics outcomes and analysis.
● Exposure to UX research methodologies including primary, secondary, qualitative and quantitative efforts; and the ability to influence peers regarding content testing needs.
● Able to extend content design thinking/approaches into other internal content areas.
● Active exposure to agile UX approach and partnership cadence with design and product/development partners.
● Exposure to leadership teams and be comfortable presenting ad-hoc insights and answers to the senior leaders at critiques, reviews, etc.
● Deliver compelling, informative, and engaging content design experiences.
● Think holistically about the end-to-end user journey and product ecosystem.
● Think critically. ot just about the right words for an experience, but about the right experience for words.
● Articulate and communicate problems, concepts and solutions.
● Continuously strive to find better ways of doing things.
● Use previous experience, a fresh eye, and/or content design principles to create the best outcomes for our customers.
● Help educate the product organization about the importance of cross-functional team engagement that leverages content, visual design, and research.
● Help build foundational Content Design processes, standards, metrics definition, and engagement protocols that facilitate top-value partnerships across UX, product, and engineering teams.
● Bring content, writing, and “use of words” excellence to every endeavor:
○ In internal emails and messaging: Be responsive to, concise with, and empathetic toward your colleagues.
○ In meetings: Communicate with passion and focus that the desired outcome is the best user experience possible.
○ In all deliverables: Ensure that any writing (documents, decks, pattern library, etc.) represents content “from the team and of the Product Design team,” representing our passion for words in their consistency, simplicity, and memorability.
Skills and Requirements:
● Experience with design/writing collaboration tools (high- and/or low-fidelity), Google office suite and ability to quickly acclimate to document/chat/video collaboration tools like Slack, Figma, Miro, Confluence.
Nice to have:
● Experience with consumer healthcare products.
● Background in UX writing/content design for mobile apps and digital experiences.
Please submit a resume and a link to any available writing samples with your application materials.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description