Consumer Researcher at Glu Mobile (acquired by Electronic Arts in April 2021)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:36 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 8, 2021
GluSports is a Glu Mobile studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
GluSports is a studio with a strong culture of ownership and agency. We work in a lively, collaborative environment and are passionate about producing the types of games and content that we’d love to play. We’ve had amazing success with MLB Tap Sports Baseball, WWE Universe and we're working hard on our newest title! Our studio prides itself on having intensely driven people who love having a great time at work and being part of a winning team.
Whether you are a massive sports fan or not, our studio prides itself on having intensely passionate people who love having a great time at work and being part of a winning team down in Foster City.
We are looking for a passionate Researcher to join our growing Research team (UX and Consumer Insights focused). The role will report directly to Manager, Research (Sports and RPGs). You will be working side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, and product managers to implement research centered on understanding the player base and improving the play experience across our RPGs and Sports games. The role will involve learning and executing on a variety of product research, marketing research, and consumer insights methods.
What you will do in this role:
- Report actionable insights to the games/product/marketing teams relating to the player journey across our portfolio of games
- Play the games in development regularly and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Collect and report on qualitative and quantitative data from market studies, playtests, diary studies, segmentations, surveys or data from other games consumer research methodologies
- Analyze large data sets of player behavior and attitudes
- Implement the full life-cycle of research projects from study design to data reporting to following up with teams on how they are acting on the insights
- Work closely with analytics to assess pain points for our players and how to navigate them across our network
- Design, write and code efficient surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to drive efficient acquisition strategies
- Investigate and report on new methodologies with the larger team
- Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitive experiences
- Brief vendors and stakeholders for externally run studies
- Liaise with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role:
- 2-3 years of experience leading and/or assisting in consumer research projects in the gaming or mobile app space, or equivalent relevant experience
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Game Design, Statistics, Economics and Consumer Research; other degrees and relevant experience will be considered as well
- Understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods will be beneficial, with an emphasis on quantitative methodologies (clustering/segmentation/max diff)
- Past experience playtesting in-development games and/or experience running user tests or focus testing in software is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool) will be helpful
- Experience in translating qualitative data from user interviews and/or focus groups will be beneficial
- Must possess interest in games, game design and free to play economies for a wide variety of genres
- Passion for helping teams create the best possible player experiences by informing great design with great data
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies from other fields to gaming or other entertainment sectors
- Strong data manipulation skills (SPSS, SQL or R)
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description