Compliance Model Design and Validation Manager at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced Financial Crime Compliance Model Design and Validation expert to help us build out a new global compliance function. This is a critical new role and you will be empowered to design and build the best in class controls to support the Global Compliance Program in delivering exceptional results. This will be achieved through ensuring the integrity of the data used on a day-to day-basis, developing program insights and analytics tools and tuning models to support compliance officers in making informed decisions.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with Compliance Program leadership and cross-functional teams to set strategy and develop the Compliance Model Design and Validation program
- Develop and maintain an effective model management program that meets regulatory requirements.
- Create detailed plans with Compliance Program team and Product & Risk Analytics team to facilitate the technology controls design conversations for AML, Sanctions and KYC controls
- Partner with Compliance engineering teams to oversee the implementation of transaction monitoring rules within various AML monitoring and OFAC/sanctions screening technology and analytics solutions systems
- Architect the strategy for enhancing and automating compliance reporting solutions, including data collection, aggregation, governance, and reporting.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for all technical aspects of the Compliance program, which can be reviewed by regulators and external examiners; Including AML transaction monitoring rules, sanctions screening systems, and risk scoring models as well as detailing data lineage and model/rule assumptions and parameters for all models
- Use continuous improvement techniques to drive maturity and drive automation and process efficiency gains.
- Perform analysis of structured and unstructured data to solve complex business and department problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and analysis.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- BS/BA in Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- 7+ years of data management and analytics experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency. Experience at RegTech or FinTech companies preferred.
- Familiarity with programming for data analysis; ideally Python, SQL, or R.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data scientists and operations teams in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Proven experience preparing model documentation to support compliance
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Experience with the application of external AML and sanctions software, including LexisNexis Bridger. Experience with on-chain transaction monitoring solutions preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote