Combat Designer (Remote) at People Can Fly
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
The role regards the project that is yet to be announced.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!Job Description
- Creating, pitching, and prototyping gameplay ideas for core combat and moment-to-moment mechanics and systems, combat characters, their feel, behavior, abilities, and encounters in various settings
- Implementing combatant character with animations and behavior using state machines, behavior trees, visual effects, sound effects & combat encounters with arena layouts, and pacing using provided level design tools and various other scripting systems
- Creating designs documents, content briefs, system outlines, and other means of sharing all the necessary information with involved teams
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines, ensuring the correct partners are involved and informed throughout the development process
- Remaining current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence
- At least 2+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- 2+ years of experience shipping first-person melee combat titles in AI, combat, or systems design roles
- Working proficiency with Unreal Engine Editor
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language
- A Clear understanding of creative and game development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proven successes in creating compelling and fun gameplay, scenarios, and encounters
- Self-motivated, hard worker with a team-focused attitude and ability to both give and take feedback and criticisms
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Familiarity with scripting languages and/or programming
- Good understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends
- JIRA, Confluence and Perforce Knowledge
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities