This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Okta as a Cloud Architect across our EMEA region. We are a leader in the Identity-As-A-Service for the Enterprise (IDaaS) and in the Access Management market and offer the most complete access management platform for your workforce and customers.
The Cloud Architect is a technical authority on both cloud and on-premise based IT systems. The role is responsible for providing enterprise architecture services for Okta customers, both in a pre-sales and a post-sales capacity. The Cloud Architect develops relationships with key customers and partners to help them achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions.
In a pre-sales capacity, the Cloud Architect creates sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educates customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology using the Okta products. Typically engaged in the more complex customer environments and in cooperation with the Sales Engineers, the Cloud Architect combines technical expertise and business acumen to support the sales cycle, including support for our Engagement Managers for the production of precise and complete Statements of Work.
In a post-sales capacity, the Cloud Architect translates early business needs and insights into an actionable strategy and designs and assists customer in driving these initiatives to early results and high business value. Working in coordination with the Project Managers and Technical Consultants, the architect oversees and supports the complete delivery of our customer projects to ensure our customers’ success.
This is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team in a pivotal role spanning early customer engagement all the way to go-live activities. It is, therefore, expected of the person in this role to demonstrate both business savviness and technical leadership in order to improve the value realisation of the Okta platform. This role will report to the Director of Professional Services.
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of PoCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer’s existing environment and applications using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams.
- Utilize your understanding of a customer’s holistic environment including firewalls, proxies, VPN, CASB, databases, and applications to ensure that the proposed architecture is viable and can be implemented by the customer or professional services.
- Use a variety of tools to help depict complex architecture diagrams and sequence diagrams that include single sign-on, provisioning, MFA, and delegated authentication.
- Assist engagement managers in building statements of work (SOWs) with proper phasing and order of execution that will help ensure customer success during delivery.
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer’s organization, including CxO, security, developers, and IT administrators.
- Use your understanding of various SSO protocols - such as SAML, OIDC, SWA, KERBEROS; to plan multi-protocol integration architectures that incorporate Okta with various technologies.
- Distil and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Review and lead the gathering of business, functional and technical requirements for establishing an Identity platform powered by Okta.
- Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific solutions.
- Translate requirements to designs and to provide technical leadership and oversight.
- Support the creation of project plans to develop and implement the proposed solution.
- Develop strategic plans for identity services, including, but not limited to, transition strategies, bundling strategies, mission/vision descriptions, and positioning strategies.
- Develop Identity and Access Management (IAM) technical standards for interoperability and portability across multiple vendor solutions.
- Work closely with the sales and professional services teams to properly package, market and sell services.
- Assist in periodic customer health-checks and project reviews.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent level of industry experience, with a blend of overall IT/software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience
- Good level of customer consulting experience
- Proven experience in driving application architecture design
- A deep level of experience with (IAM) architectures, from specification and design to implementation and transition to production
- Hands-on experience and understanding with cloud computing solution implementations including AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives.
- Experience in defining and developing POCs and pilot programmes
- Experience in leading discovery workshop to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography.
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- Proficiency with various open source software and development tools
- Proficiency in one or more of .Net, Ruby, Java, Python or Perl
- Proficiency in git and Subversion
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Exhibits confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as required
Education and Certification
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical specialisation preferred
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus
Please check out more at www.okta.com and also read why "Gartner Magic Quadrant" and "The Forrester Wave", have us ranked as a leader in the Identity-As-A-Service and Access Management space.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.