Brand Designer at Candid (Remote)
On our team, you’ll help make oral health more affordable and accessible than ever before. We believe a life of candid self-expression is a rich life. And our clear aligner therapy helps people across the country straighten their smiles, grow their confidence, and live as their truest selves.
If you're ready to sharpen your skills, have a huge impact, and help solve healthcare, join us.
At Candid, we’re building a best-in-class healthcare brand that’s increasing access to affordable orthodontic treatment. We’re in an exciting period of growth and looking for brand-focused, detail-oriented marketing and communications Brand Designer to join the Creative team to help us tell our story to the world.
As a Brand Designer your work will be rooted in great visual design across all media. You will be responsible for solving complex problems, embracing feedback, and an ever-evolving set of new challenges. Your work will be framed in the context of what our clinical partners and their patients see across every channel including, emails, digital and physical ads, social media, video, in-office collateral, industry events and trade shows, and other assets, projects, or applications important to our marketing efforts. You will report directly to our Designer Director. This is a remote position.
- Contribute to our team’s creative process—bring strong and exciting creative ideas and design execution to our print and digital assets
- Help maintain and refine the brand identity across Candid’s marketing and all visual design and production
- Have a strong understanding of the strategy and data, and how to use those insights to push our work forward
- Ensure the targeted audience—whether clinician or patient—is at the center of every design decision
- Communicate with vendors for printing and merchandise production
- Work in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Air
- You will be autonomous and take full ownership over your work—taking responsibility every step of the way
- 5+ years of graphic of agency or in-house design experience
- Experience across all channels of communication including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards and in-office collateral like flyers, direct mailers, posters, etc.
- Link to an exceptional portfolio of work that clearly articulates your thought process, not just final design work
- Strong design strategy experience and conceptual design skills with an emphasis on typography, layout, graphic design, and a fanatical attention to detail
- Objectivity about your work and comfort with constructive feedback
- Sophisticated aesthetic sensibility, curiosity, and joy in your work
- Animation and video editing skills a plus, but not required
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Candid’s success
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and generous parental leave
- Wellness Perks (KindBody, Classpass, OneMedical etc)
- Commuter benefits if you’re in NY and work from the office when we re-open and Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
- Care Deeply - We succeed when we care about what we do. We go the extra mile for our patients, our partners, and for each other because what we do matters, and the care we put into it matters even more.
- Drive Results - Results matter. From closing a tooth gap to opening a new account—we set clear intentions, align around measurable goals, and take accountability for the outcomes.
- Commit to Growth - To change the face of oral health care, we have to keep growing—as individuals, as teams, and as a company. We approach problems with a beginner’s mindset and continuously pursue improvement.
- Embrace Candor - To create the environment we want to be a part of, we have to stay aligned—that means elevating each other and our partners through honest, respectful feedback, and fostering a culture of inquiry and debate.
- Work as One - Together, we have the ability, experience, and intuition to serve our partners and grow our business. When we work as a team, we draw on each other’s strengths, inspire new solutions, and share in our success.
Our patients and colleagues come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and hire great talent that is equally diverse; not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our company, our products, and our culture that much better. If you share our values and passion, apply and see what we’re all about.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.