Associate UX Director at CapTech (Remote)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks an Associate UX Director with a track record of leading teams in the design of intuitive, impactful, and accessible digital brand experiences. As a UX leader, you help influence user behavior and enhance brand-customer relationships by guiding the delivery of elegant and engaging digital products and services. You will partner with project managers, user researchers, interaction designers, content strategists, and developers to bring end-to-end digital experiences to life.
Your colleagues and clients look to you to provide the vision they need to solve their most pressing business challenges. People see you as an innovative thinker, but also a skilled practitioner when the work demands it. You bring exceptional creative insight and drive, delivering projects from research through implementation in partnership with multi-discipline teams and the client. You lead, but as important, you listen.
You seek the best ideas, regardless of source, and deliver persuasive client presentations with confidence, but as a servant leader, you check your ego at the door. You are comfortable with enterprise-scale challenges, inspiring and motivating teams of researchers and designers to produce engaging, multi-channel digital solutions. You are not satisfied with “good enough“ yet you approach product design delivery with pragmatism.
Although most of your work will be client-focused, you will also mentor and coach more junior talent. Your expert knowledge of human-centered design principles and methods will guide the creative direction of projects, while helping teams avoid pitfalls. You advocate for the value of human-centered experience design both among your colleagues and with our clients, helping to win new business and deepen existing relationships. Your management and leadership skills will help nurture future design leaders and expand our practice.
Responsibilities may include:
· Leading the creation of personas, customer journeys, conceptual prototypes, and responsive interfaces that follow interaction design and usability best practices.
· Producing clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
- Giving insightful and constructive feedback on the design of the experience, including interactions, information architecture, content, layout, and overall alignment with goals and brand.
· Performing competitive assessments and providing innovative alternatives, as well as researching and understanding design and technology trends.
· Contributing to the evolution of CX methodologies, capabilities, approaches, and toolset. Attending and leading CX meetings and trainings. Engaging in professional development and industry involvement.
· Strong knowledge of user interface design best practices across various platforms, including web, OS-native, and embedded apps. Advocating the benefits of accessible experience and visual design with clients and team members.Qualifications
· 8+ years of professional experience, ideally in a design consultancy or digital agency
· 4-year degree in design, fine arts, or similar preferred
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects accounts simultaneously, while successfully delivering against scope and budget.
- Experience with multiple domains of human-centered design including user and market research, product and experience strategy, information architecture, experience design, content strategy, optimization, and customer insight.
· Proven written, verbal, conceptual, and visual communication skills
· Skilled with tools such as Sketch or Figma, Adobe CS (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), InVision, and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices is a plus
· Familiarity with WCAG and other accessibility guidelines and standards is a plus.Advocating for digital accessibility and inclusive design practices in all projects and client interactions
Please include a link to your online portfolioAdditional Information
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE. As part of this commitment, CapTech will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Laura Massa directly via email [email protected]
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.